Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, thank you for mentioning the dry fit first. Absolutely check it dry, but if I understood correctly I believe Strode has done that. Not a bad idea to check without the O ring/shim and the outdrive and it's pin, but if you skip the outdrive cup and its associated parts like the O ring/shim and pin on the bottom part, you wont get a good measure of how they will actually fit when assembled and that's the issue.

What has happened to me(I've caught it, but it happens) is that if the bottom gear is not seated all the way down on the pin, it will cause the other gears to sit too high. Also as soon as you add fluid and start to rotate the gears to disperse through the diff, those spider gears can easily rise and get knocked out of their keyed position. I usually add a small amount of fluid after every gear is installed rather than fill it from empty with all the gears installed. A little pressure with a pair of tweezers or your pinky to ensure when you rotate the outdrive to help disperse the fluid, those gears don't move and the notches won't get out of alignment.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Thank you for all the input on the diff. I have not filled the second diff cup with oil yet, but i will remove the orings and washer and see how it goes.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Charlieuk
what does the 7mm the clutch is supposed to be set at when it’s on the car? Seams a bit crazy to have a setting that requires taking it all apart just to measure
You can set the slipper clutch by putting a wrench on the nut (while the vehicle is still put together) and then rolling the vehicle on the ground until the tires stop rolling and start skidding. This has worked well for me.
Charlieuk and boogersrevenge like this.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Rear diff now works, one of the sun gears wasn't sitting low enough on the outdrive, so i ordered a new set of gears and all is well. Just need to set the static adjustments and break in the diffs then its off to the track next weekend to tear up some carpet. I hope to get some video also. can't wait to let this buggy loose!
racknpinion likes this.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Glad you got it sorted out.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:07 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Looking to do a race build on an LC12B1 as the base. posted this up on facebook:

Looking to pick up the new LC12B1 as my turf / carpet monster. Doing a race specific build.

So right now I am wondering a few things hope you guys can help me out:

- With the optional floating servo mount, what are some of the servos are you guys going with?
- For those servos that are using 25T, what horns are you guys going with? - For those who go with a more traditional ballstud on the belcrank to connect the servo to the steering rack, for the alumimum part what are you using to retap the hole? - What wheels are commonly being used? (I am thinking schumacher revlites front and rear)

- Does the Phatbodies body work on this car?

- For schumacher pin tires, what are you guys liking to use and any mods you do to them to get them to work?

- What hardcase lipos fit on the car?

- What car specific spares do you guys carry for this car that differ than the other cars? (diff cups, a-arms, etc)

Right now putting an order together, looking to power it with:

- Tekin RS Gen 2 ESC
- Leopard sensored motor
- Futaba R204GFE receiver

Hope to order tonight.

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Cain,
As far as servos go, the spektrum A5 series are great and it fits great in the floating mount. The long wheelbase buggy body should fit, but the stock body is really nice. The 65c lipo from warren rc fits perfect for me and i think hobbyking sells a a hardcase that fits. The rev-lites are cheap and fit the mini pins perfectly. As far as mods to the mini pins it depends on what handling you want. I usually trim off the outer and inner rows of pins on the front and just the outer row in the rear. This reduces the front overgripping the carpet and reduces the rear traction rolling plus gives some better rotation in sharp turns. I need to find a small Hobbywing esc with a 7.4v BEC to replace the 60A quicrun.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Tech Legend

thanks. I ordered up the vehicle, right now sorting out gear and maybe tires. The LC Rallys are pretty popular here as they work and run for awhile, but woudl't mind some more pin style tread to try. The SST Rallys I do have, white and yellow and I hear you use them up front too so maybe I'll give that a go for that.

what compound are you liking for the pins? Its astro so was thinking yellow or green, just not sure which to try.. For wheels Muchmore has a really good deal on wheels right now, but curious if there is a reason why they are so cheap. Also Yokomo is an option I can get them cheaper than Schumacher wheels.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

I run yellow compound. White wore out quickly for me. The Yokomo wheels I think melt in acetone when you try and strip the tires off.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:44 PM
Tech Legend

thanks. I usually boil tires off didn't have luck with acetone method. outside of that assuming they at least don't break.

Yeah I'll have to give yellow a look for sure,maybe 1 pair of green see how it is. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

I started on the white Rallys but like said they wore very quick so now on yellow pins front and rear. I tried the Rallys on the front and just didn’t feel as good as puns all round. There are a similar tyre to the pins on hobbyking that are super cheap which I ordered a load of that I have yet to try they feel a fraction softer than the yellow pins just need to order some more wheels.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:33 AM
Tech Legend

I started on the white Rallys but like said they wore very quick so now on yellow pins front and rear. I tried the Rallys on the front and just didn’t feel as good as puns all round. There are a similar tyre to the pins on hobbyking that are super cheap which I ordered a load of that I have yet to try they feel a fraction softer than the yellow pins just need to order some more wheels.
got a link to these pin tires you are talking about?

Also what setups are you guys going with?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
got a link to these pin tires you are talking about?

Also what setups are you guys going with?
Hobbyking part
SKU: A2003T-30731 Like I say I have not compared them on the car yet but will report once I have.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Never used aliexpress before so on your recommendation I thought I would order these and give them a go, fingers crossed the shipping is quicker than they say!

well they arrived in 13days so not bad, still yet to get replacement tapered gears so will fit them when I do
Old 06-14-2019, 09:04 AM
Tech Legend

Hobbyking part
SKU: A2003T-30731 Like I say I have not compared them on the car yet but will report once I have.
sounds good. looking forward to hearing what you find.

well they arrived in 13days so not bad, still yet to get replacement tapered gears so will fit them when I do
looking forward to hearing how they fit. can you do a picture of a side by side to a regular cvd? be curious on thickness comparison, bone to bone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.