Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone confirm that the Batan L6094 D135F specs are:

0.08, 61 oz/in @ 6.0v???
Old 05-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Ah. Yes, the 225 is certainly not the same as a 65mg. They get decent reviews, but I’ve never used one.

Yes, those are the correct specs for the 135f.
Reaper802 likes this.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Here's my $16 wheel and tire set. Some old stock hyper mini St wheels, and 2 rear set MXFan tires. Tell you what guys, these things are higher quality than I thought they'd be for the money, I'm super stoked.

Please ignore front shocks and lack of bumber. I'm still experimenting with shock positions.

Now that I can put power down I'll be wanting the LC Racing 2845 motor and some carbon bits. Hell yeah.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by batryopratedboy
Please ignore front shocks and lack of bumber. I'm still experimenting with shock positions.

Now that I can put power down I'll be wanting the LC Racing 2845 motor and some carbon bits. Hell yeah.
The shocks look fine. Many run them on the inner hole. I'm more curious about the servo and why you decided to mount it backwards? Does the servo arm on the bellcrank not hit the driveshaft like that? Just curious what the rationale behind that was.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Sweet, I see my newbie posting privileges finally got approved!
Old 05-24-2019, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racknpinion
The shocks look fine. Many run them on the inner hole. I'm more curious about the servo and why you decided to mount it backwards? Does the servo arm on the bellcrank not hit the driveshaft like that? Just curious what the rationale behind that was.

​​​​Some of my actions have no rationale.

​​​​​It's just a thing I do. I like knowing that parts of what makes a car work are tucked away nice and tidy, I feel it's different and appears a bit cleaner. Same reason I shortened all the wires, I just like stuff hidden. I build computers the same way.

And yes it clears fine.

TL;DR Got bored, had tools.
racknpinion likes this.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by batryopratedboy
​​​​Some of my actions have no rationale.

​​​​​It's just a thing I do. I like knowing that parts of what makes a car work are tucked away nice and tidy, I feel it's different and appears a bit cleaner. Same reason I shortened all the wires, I just like stuff hidden. I build computers the same way.

And yes it clears fine.

TL;DR Got bored, had tools.
Sounds like there's definitely some rationale behind it then! I was just curious. Wasn't trying to roast you or anything.

The Mini 8ights are setup like that, I just never considered it in the LC.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Did anyone have trouble fitting the inserts in the rear suspension mounts?
Old 05-25-2019, 06:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

This took longer than I thought it would...

It's a tight fit next to the drive shaft. That's with two washers to move it out some.

Got one quick test in before dark and everything seemed to be good to go.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by strodedawg
Did anyone have trouble fitting the inserts in the rear suspension mounts?
Not really. I get them inserted in straight and then just press them in using a table as something to get some leverage on and push down on the metal block part.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racknpinion
Sounds like there's definitely some rationale behind it then! I was just curious. Wasn't trying to roast you or anything.

The Mini 8ights are setup like that, I just never considered it in the LC.
Are they? Man... Maybe that's where I got the inspiration. Haha I didn't feel I was getting roasted, no worries man. I was aiming for self deprecating but it didn't get across right. =]

Originally Posted by Reaper802
This took longer than I thought it would...

It's a tight fit next to the drive shaft. That's with two washers to move it out some.

Got one quick test in before dark and everything seemed to be good to go.

​​​​​​Holy crap man... That is very, very close! Clearances like that, you'll know for sure you have a precision machine.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

I forgot to mention that I also installed the new thicker A Arms. Looking forward to some testing today.
racknpinion likes this.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

The hard arms have perhaps been my single favorite upgrade to the actual structure of the car since they came out. Even over most of the aluminum stuff.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oops.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

My run times had dropped from 8 minutes to less than 6 and then less than 4. Truggy was making some funky sounds and I could tell it was down on power. Removed the slipper and rear diff...

A new Diff gear for comparison...

Of course I didn't have the small gear that goes on the end of the slipper. $5 part, another $5 shipping. I went ahead and bought two of them just in case. That gear should be here tomorrow. Hope to see my run times back up around 8 minutes after the fix.

How tight should my slipper be? I've seen videos saying crank it down until the spring is fully compressed and then back it off a quarter turn. This seems really tight as I can barely get it to slip using my hands set like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.