Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by P.Hill
Thanks. Didn't think about the bearings but they seemed okay when I ran it the other day. Probably need spares anyway.
Oh, forgot to mention, yes some Loctite is a good idea. I dont go crazy with it as I find it unnecessary on these cars for most of the usual metal-to-metal places you'd think you might need it, but one spot you should definitely put it on are the grub screws that secure the center outdrive cups. Some also suggest putting a small dab on the servo saver collar if that works it's way loose. I haven't had that issue with mine yet.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racknpinion
Oh, forgot to mention, yes some Loctite is a good idea. I dont go crazy with it as I find it unnecessary on these cars for most of the usual metal-to-metal places you'd think you might need it, but one spot you should definitely put it on are the grub screws that secure the center outdrive cups. Some also suggest putting a small dab on the servo saver collar if that works it's way loose. I haven't had that issue with mine yet.
Outside of the new diffs are there any other upgrades they have had? I see the truggy uses a new motor.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by P.Hill
Outside of the new diffs are there any other upgrades they have had? I see the truggy uses a new motor.
The switch to the 4 gear diffs is really the only big change they made to the original design AFAIK. Yeah, the truggy has the 2850 sized motor for more torque and power for the larger tires and increased weight. Might not be big deal for you if you dont plan on throwing big 1:10 buggy wheels on it though. You can also get the Tenshock x1401 2938 motors which are nice, but the stock motors are very good.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

The switch to the 4 gear diffs is really the only big change they made to the original design AFAIK. Yeah, the truggy has the 2850 sized motor for more torque and power for the larger tires and increased weight. Might not be big deal for you if you dont plan on throwing big 1:10 buggy wheels on it though. You can also get the Tenshock x1401 2938 motors which are nice, but the stock motors are very good.
Cool. Thanks for all the info! I'll post pics once I get it together.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

I've had a couple esc's go out on mine. I replaced them with a Hobbywing 10bl60. The HW works great but it's a lot bigger than the stock one.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Last edited by carcrazy699; 08-21-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

So I picked up one of these off Nitrorcx for $94.

Gave it a good check over shocks seem empty and the pinion was a little bit too far down the motor shaft.

My shocks were filled with this brown liquid, it smells like 3in1 oil.

Last edited by slick2500; 08-18-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Thats a drag, but not terribly surprising. I had something similar happen with my Mini 8ight DB. One shock was completely empty and another had small amount of some kind of brown sludge in it. Came from the factory like that.

Probably best to go through and check everything, including diffs.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Thats a drag, but not terribly surprising. I had something similar happen with my Mini 8ight DB. One shock was completely empty and another had small amount of some kind of brown sludge in it. Came from the factory like that.

Probably best to go through and check everything, including diffs.
Rebuilt the shocks with some 25wt shock oil and the suspension already feels much better.
I tore it completely apart and checked everything, I have a stripped out screw hole in the bottom part of the plastic gear cover, I don't see this causing any issues, and if it does a new one is like $3. Everything else was all hunky dory. Was very surprised to see that the diffs actually had oil in them. It is the brushed model as I bought it for my nephew to play with.
The screws in this kit seem kind of iffy to me, some of them my hex bit fits nice and snug and others it feels like the hex bit is the wrong size, hell at first I thought they used standard hardware that is how bad of a fit the hex bit is.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Just some pics of how mine is currently sitting. Still loving it.

LC Racing EMB-TGH ARR
Tenshock 1401 4850kv motor
19t pinion 60t stock spur
Hobbywing sensored 10BL60
KO RSX-12 servo
Hangar 9 servo horn
LC Racing full aluminum kit
LC Racing carbon top brace
LC Racing hard suspension arms
Avid bearing kit
TBR bumper
Double bearing mod on rear diff pinion assembly
Ball bearing in spur gear
Shimed steering rack bushings
Losi 27.5 shock oil
Jconcepts Rulux 2.2
Jconcepts Goosebumps
Venom and Lectron Pro 2s
Can I ask how you made your battery strap?
Old 08-21-2018, 07:50 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

the screws could be better. The black screws that are used in the motor mounts from below are a much better material. I may reach out to Tony screws to see if they can get a better screw as his material is really good.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slick2500
Can I ask how you made your battery strap?
The strap is made by Pure-Tech. Easy to find at most RC shops. I got the medium size Quick Mount and trimmed the straps a little too short. Works perfectly though with a small strip of heavy duty Velcro on the bottom of the battery. Worth noting; I only did this so I could push the battery a little further back and place my receiver on the front left side. Xtreme Quick Mounts | Pure Tech Products
Old 08-21-2018, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Opps double post.

Last edited by slick2500; 08-21-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
the screws could be better. The black screws that are used in the motor mounts from below are a much better material. I may reach out to Tony screws to see if they can get a better screw as his material is really good.
Tony is the man. I wish he made kits for Arrma as well.

The strap is made by Pure-Tech. Easy to find at most RC shops. I got the medium size Quick Mount and trimmed the straps a little too short. Works perfectly though with a small strip of heavy duty Velcro on the bottom of the battery. Worth noting; I only did this so I could push the battery a little further back and place my receiver on the front left side. Xtreme Quick Mounts | Pure Tech Products
Thanks man, was just curious as this looks like a better option than the stock battery tray, and I also have a 3s lipo that is just a tad too wide for the stock tray.

And I'm still trying to play catch up on this thread, I'm still on page 47.

Took it out for its maiden voyage and it handles pretty well on the local homemade outdoor rc track, got maybe 10 minutes into the stock nimh battery came off the big jump a little front heavy and after landing it started making this funny noise. Busted the front diff output. Picked up all the stuff needed to convert to the slipper setup instead of the locked spur. Also picked up some front CVDs a bearing kit, screw kit and the better motor mount.

I also placed my order for the LC Racing EMB-TGH Pro kit.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

4 days later and I'm finally done reading this thread. Phew.
I should have just started with the brushless version, but $93 and some change was too good of a deal to pass up, and either downgraded it to brushed motor or picked up a radio with throttle epa.
A few questions. Is it safe to assume that the Merv aftermarket bodies should fit the MT? I am assuming that 2.2 ST tires would be the best fit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.