Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread >

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Like Tree572Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 03:58 PM
  #2866  
Tech Regular
 
lowlife88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ithaca, Michigan
Posts: 271
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Hey everyone. Since I don't get to the run the vehicle as much as I want and it should be ran, I decided to post the LC12B1, parts, and another new in box Leopard sensored motor for sale, should make someone very happy and won't be needing parts or upgrades.
Interested, shoot me a pm. Thx
Cain likes this.
lowlife88 is offline  
Old 12-04-2021, 05:51 PM
  #2867  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,472
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

What 2S LiPo pack does everyone run? Looking at different options and wants some advice.
thanks
tyreguy is offline  
Old 12-04-2021, 06:32 PM
  #2868  
Tech Master
 
DARKWAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,072
Default

The ones I plan on using aren't available anymore. Duratrax Onyx 2000 mAh 25C DTX1837. These ones came with Traxxas plugs because my LHS didn't have the Deans version DTX1836 in stock at the time. I used these with the Mini-8ight and they fit in the EMB-1 in a similar way. I didn't measure myself but I found these dimensions on a website: 31x17x90mm. Very snug fit into one of the battery clips, and then it just reaches the front of the other clip, so I skew it towards the outside so the battery leads run on the outside of the clip which keeps the battery clear of the center driveshaft.
tyreguy likes this.
DARKWAV is offline  
Old 12-04-2021, 06:35 PM
  #2869  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (27)
 
sacmiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Zippy 2S 2200 from hobbyking

nothing fancy but works good after over 2 years.
tyreguy likes this.
sacmiata is offline  
Old 12-05-2021, 03:57 AM
  #2870  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,472
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DARKWAV View Post
The ones I plan on using aren't available anymore. Duratrax Onyx 2000 mAh 25C DTX1837. These ones came with Traxxas plugs because my LHS didn't have the Deans version DTX1836 in stock at the time. I used these with the Mini-8ight and they fit in the EMB-1 in a similar way. I didn't measure myself but I found these dimensions on a website: 31x17x90mm. Very snug fit into one of the battery clips, and then it just reaches the front of the other clip, so I skew it towards the outside so the battery leads run on the outside of the clip which keeps the battery clear of the center driveshaft.
thanks. Just found 2 on eBay.
tyreguy is offline  
Old 12-05-2021, 12:55 PM
  #2871  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 76
Default

Anyone know if the lc10b5 shocks will fit on the 1/14 vehicles? Wondering if I can get more travel/ground clearance to make a trail buggy.
djjohnr is offline  
Old 12-05-2021, 05:39 PM
  #2872  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 39
Default

Originally Posted by djjohnr View Post
Anyone know if the lc10b5 shocks will fit on the 1/14 vehicles? Wondering if I can get more travel/ground clearance to make a trail buggy.
If you haven't purchased the dampers already, consider the Yeah racing big bore models. They come in 5 mm incremental lengths, and are not expensive. Either way, you may have to replace the ball mounts with 5 mm ones.
djjohnr likes this.
BelknapCrater is offline  
Old 12-05-2021, 07:42 PM
  #2873  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 9
Default

Can anyone recommend a screw diver to use on the diffs? I'm using an optical phillips and it's tearing of the the screws after a single use.
bourban is offline  
Old 12-05-2021, 09:16 PM
  #2874  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (289)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 33,723
Trader Rating: 289 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bourban View Post
Can anyone recommend a screw diver to use on the diffs? I'm using an optical phillips and it's tearing of the the screws after a single use.
what tips are you using? for the stock screws I like how well the MIP speed tips work either with a simple drill or with a handle like the AE one.
Cain is offline  
Old 12-05-2021, 09:38 PM
  #2875  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Utah
Posts: 30
Default Lc racing truggy servo upgrade?

Hi there do any of you by chance know of a savox servo the will fit in the truggy?
Jeepnman83 is offline  
Old 12-06-2021, 04:43 PM
  #2876  
Tech Master
 
Erwin lewi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: KOMPOR RC www.hobiland.net
Posts: 1,278
Default

I just joined this LC forum, is there any info about hi performance tires for LC racing 1/12 and 1/14? for Buggy and Short course.. thank you
Erwin lewi is offline  
Old 12-06-2021, 05:26 PM
  #2877  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (289)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 33,723
Trader Rating: 289 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Erwin lewi View Post
I just joined this LC forum, is there any info about hi performance tires for LC racing 1/12 and 1/14? for Buggy and Short course.. thank you
what conditions are you planning on running on?

If carpet and you want maximum grip, the schumacher SST mini pin tires in yellow compound are pretty popular. Green works well too with a bit more tread life. the SST rallys work great for fronts.

If an aggressive pin like that isn't allowed, we have used the LC Rally tires with success on carpet sauced with SXT 3.0. We usually glued the edges of the fronts to prevent grip roll.
Cain is offline  
Old 12-06-2021, 06:50 PM
  #2878  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (223)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cadillac, MI
Posts: 3,271
Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)
Default Fluids

Anyone recommend a good starting point for diff fluids for the LC12B1 on Carpet ?
I am considering setting one up for Carpet racing.

Thanks In Advance
Manatarms25 is offline  
Old 12-06-2021, 07:16 PM
  #2879  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (289)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 33,723
Trader Rating: 289 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Manatarms25 View Post
Anyone recommend a good starting point for diff fluids for the LC12B1 on Carpet ?
I am considering setting one up for Carpet racing.

Thanks In Advance
5-10K Front, 2-5K rear . I used 7k front and 3K rear for while, also tested 10K front and 15K rear from what i remember and it did give a lot of forward drive.
Manatarms25 likes this.
Cain is offline  
Old 12-06-2021, 08:16 PM
  #2880  
Tech Master
 
DARKWAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,072
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
we have used the LC Rally tires with success on carpet sauced with SXT 3.0. We usually glued the edges of the fronts to prevent grip roll.
I was looking at those LC Rally tires as maybe a dual purpose on-road and off-road tire. Think they would get chewed up pretty quick on asphalt and textured concrete?

I pulled out my Tamiya Rally Block tires I had previously used on my mini-8ight, but I had not realized I wore down the blocks already so they are closer to being slicks at this point. Also they are pretty old and the sidewalls look like they will come apart as soon as I start running them. I think my local shop has some on-road Gravity RC USGT-spec pre-mounted tires in stock that I might try out.
DARKWAV is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.