Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread >

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Like Tree448Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yes they are 12mm hex. There are some people that have posted ebay finds but most anything 12mm should work....look at the offset you want to get the total desired width....yeah the wheel base might be 5mm short but just adjust how you cut the wheel well and its easy to split a few mm front and rear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-run-Fl...8AAOSweMVa6rvk
performula likes this.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sacmiata
Yes they are 12mm hex. There are some people that have posted ebay finds but most anything 12mm should work....look at the offset you want to get the total desired width....yeah the wheel base might be 5mm short but just adjust how you cut the wheel well and its easy to split a few mm front and rear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-run-Fl...8AAOSweMVa6rvk
Do you recommend any other real car style bodies for any of the chassisís (short, regular, LC)? Iím starting to like this car more and more. And the flexibility of options or routes to go.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by batryopratedboy View Post
I love how "stumpy" that body makes the LC look. Like a radioshack from back in the day.
Thanks, it also gives a bit more space, so I can run the esc and fan on the top deck.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by performula View Post
Do you recommend any other real car style bodies for any of the chassisís (short, regular, LC)? Iím starting to like this car more and more. And the flexibility of options or routes to go.
I cant say I have ran a car body - just touring car tires/wheels under the short course body. I run a LWB car and I have the truggy/buggy/shortcourse setups so i just change a few things and its a completely different looking car.....the rally body obviously that TACON/LC racing has would fit but it doesn't look that good to me....The HPI Mini (Nitro?) I recall being 225/210? so would work with the LWB car but the problem with the LC racing and real car bodies is getting the shock towers underneath the body...if real looking cars is what your trying to achieve in a smaller scale I would look at a M-Chassis Tamiya...there are a ton of car/rally style setups for these cars.....

performula likes this.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sacmiata;[url=tel:15711407
15711407[/url]]I cant say I have ran a car body - just touring car tires/wheels under the short course body. I run a LWB car and I have the truggy/buggy/shortcourse setups so i just change a few things and its a completely different looking car.....the rally body obviously that TACON/LC racing has would fit but it doesn't look that good to me....The HPI Mini (Nitro?) I recall being 225/210? so would work with the LWB car but the problem with the LC racing and real car bodies is getting the shock towers underneath the body...if real looking cars is what your trying to achieve in a smaller scale I would look at a M-Chassis Tamiya...there are a ton of car/rally style setups for these cars.....
I like the off-road ability and the price! 🤣 Iíll probably keep it off-road.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anybody here have a problem with the turning of the wheels on the truggy. My front wheels don't turn very much to the left or right. I checked all the bearing in the steering and their are fine. I upgraded to the metal gear servo and it's still the same. Any suggestions on what I need to check would be appreciated. I'm still new to RC and slowly figuring things out. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Red13 View Post
Does anybody here have a problem with the turning of the wheels on the truggy. My front wheels don't turn very much to the left or right. I checked all the bearing in the steering and their are fine. I upgraded to the metal gear servo and it's still the same. Any suggestions on what I need to check would be appreciated. I'm still new to RC and slowly figuring things out. Thanks in advance for any help.
Increase the dual-rate on your radio if it's not at max.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

ag100: That buggy looks to be about as decked out as you can get. Well done!

Phat Bodies has two rally car bodies that will fit the short wheelbase LC racing vehicles if you can find them. You can look on Youtube to see how they fit. The 225mm car bodies for the M class or HPI cup racers might work as a monster truck body but they will be too narrow to work as a normal on road body. Unfortunately there isn't a standard wheelbase for the small scale vehicles like there is for 1/10 sct's.

Here's my rally car raking the leaves.

Ag100 likes this.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Backyard RC View Post

Phat Bodies has two rally car bodies that will fit the short wheelbase LC racing vehicles if you can find them. You can look on Youtube to see how they fit. The 225mm car bodies for the M class or HPI cup racers might work as a monster truck body but they will be too narrow to work as a normal on road body. Unfortunately there isn't a standard wheelbase for the small scale vehicles like there is for 1/10 sct's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WddqclCXmo
great video BackyardRC, just subscribed to your YouTube.
the buggy, is pretty decked out, thatís what happens in Lockdown!😀, I enjoy the fixing and upgrading as much as driving, I think Iím pretty much done with upgrades on this one (famous last words), but they are great to drive, and handle really well, as your video demonstrates.
Backyard RC likes this.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the sub! You should try the 225mm wheelbase. It's a different driving experience.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Backyard RC View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WddqclCXmo
🤣 awesome
Backyard RC likes this.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ag100 View Post
Rebuilt the diffs, fitted new outdrives, fitted a new motor mount and its running again, also made a new chassis skin from some cheap vinyl.
What heatsink is that?
Old 11-10-2020, 04:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ToDumToNo View Post
What heatsink is that?
I got it off eBay, itís a Remo brand for 380 motors apparently, it is fractionally too long, so had to trim it a bit, which is why it looks a bit rough.
They list them on Bangood/AliExpress/Amazon under various brands
Old 11-10-2020, 09:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ag100 View Post
I got it off eBay, itís a Remo brand for 380 motors apparently, it is fractionally too long, so had to trim it a bit, which is why it looks a bit rough.
They list them on Bangood/AliExpress/Amazon under various brands
Thank you for getting back to me. Iíve been looking at the Yeah Racing heatsink/fan combo, but that means ditching the stock RX/TX for a 3 channel RX which Iím not ready to do. I think a heatsink will do for now as I do notice the motor getting warmer than I would like.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

LC12B1 chassis skin, available from TKR Graphics.

They ship internationally, and are by far the best wrap/skin company I've ever used!

https://tkrgraphics.com/contact-us
slick2500 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.