Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need your input!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Champion

Any update on Tekin sensored motors for the M8?
Old 12-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

up
Old 12-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pulse_
up
To be honest I'm not expecting to see anything until spring if were lucky, If not summer!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

ouch, I'll keep the stock motor then
Old 12-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Initiate

I would definitely be buying a sensored brushless motor for my XRay M18 if you made one! A smoother throttle application is extremely important with the racing that we do. After some of us tried brushless most went back to brushed using the Tekin B1 speed control (which has one issue in particular for us but we've worked around it).

For our 1/18 scale racing we need:
--Most importantly smooth throttle control
--Adjustable brake power
--No delayed reverse once the car stops (reverse like the Novak Spy was for brushed)
--The speed control needs to be as small as possible (Tekin B1 size is ok but slightly smaller would be nice).

Other "wants" would be single cell compatible. Right now we're running 2 cell li-po and turning the throttle end points down to control the top speed.

I've been running a Mamba 25 and sidewinder setup but the speed control firmware kind of sucks for our purposes. The biggest issue is it jumps straight to 25% throttle as soon as the trigger is pulled, then you have a blank spot until you reach 25% on the trigger and then it starts speeding up. I've had to start the throttle graph at 25% to eliminate that blank spot but it doesn't fix that main problem. The Mamba 25 DID NOT have this issue until I updated the firmware. It used to be perfect from 0% to 100%.

With scale width lanes and wheel to wheel racing any little issue with the car ruins the close racing. Smooth throttle control, braking, and an accurate steering servo are very important to us.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Fajita Dave; 12-22-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Any new updates on these motors? It sure is taking a long time to get these out...what's the deal?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

@ Lucid most of the guys on here are just bashers and dont care about smooth I personally think they bought the wrong car if the just want to do speed runs thats just me. .......................
Old 01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigpopa
@ Lucid most of the guys on here are just bashers and dont care about smooth I personally think they bought the wrong car if the just want to do speed runs thats just me. .......................
What do you mean? There are just as many guys here that race there mini 8ight as there are bashers. Well ok there is most likely more bashers than racers, but mini 8ight classes are popping up all over the place. This is most likely the most popular mini out right now withe the merv very close behind.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
What do you mean? There are just as many guys here that race there mini 8ight as there are bashers. Well ok there is most likely more bashers than racers, but mini 8ight classes are popping up all over the place. This is most likely the most popular mini out right now withe the merv very close behind.
+1 this buggy is super popular
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A mini pro 4 would be really cool! I'm open for testing on indoor clay if you guys want to send me a sample. Hehee! I'll video the runs for ya. Maybe shrink a rs esc. Most importantly make it affordable. I prefer the kv and power of the stock motor, heat is hard to control even at 4500kv on indoor clay.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
Oh I hear ya Grim I love my Mini8 and yes the classes are finally starting to pop up all over .......We have to call everyone that we know here in Denver on race nights to see if everyone is going to show so we have a class still but it is getting better.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

its gonna consistently grow and if losi is really releasing a dedicate mini 8ight truggy the class will grow even more
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

[email protected] are those damn motors that you told us about beck in October of last year lol. Are we gonna see them this summer or what? Some updates would be nice...
Old 06-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Ty, there is a need for a sensored motor with a sensor wire that can be unattached.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Tech Initiate

matching esc would be nice and i am interested also in this but doing this at this stage also really amazing.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.