Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Half 8 ESC/RX Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Half 8 ESC/RX Question

Are receivers particular to which ESCs they will work with? I have a Mini Inferno that I wanted to replace the Perfex AM receiver that came on it with the Synchro 2.4GHz receiver from my Inferno Neo ST race spec. I connected the Synchro rx to the mini and could control the steering servo, but not the ESC, and the ESC was alarming that it had no signal. I plan to upgrade to a Novak brushless setup in the future and I will get another receiver for it to control it with my Futaba 4PL, but in the mean time I just wanted something with a little less interference that that crappy AM radio. I figured I could just change receivers no problem... but maybe not??
Old 03-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Unless its an esc and rx combo it should work just fine. zero out your adjustments and start from there. you will need to calibrate the esc and may need to reverse the channels depending (i know my steering needed to be reversed on my 3pm but can't recall if i had to do the throttle also.)

Good luck!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Initiate

I have tried to find some documentation on the ESC but haven't been successful. I have the Kyosho manual for the car but it doesn't go into any detail about the ESC at all. Kyosho manuals are always horrible anyway, but that's neither here nor there. The ESC is a Perfex KA-17 and I just don't know anything about it. I'm really not sure why it's not working with the Synchro receiver, it's acting like it's not getting a signal at all, reversing wont help. I would go ahead and put an R2104GF in to use my 4PL with it now but I think I'm just going to wait until I upgrade the motor and ESC and do it all at once. I tried playing with the adjustments on the Synchro tx, but it's a pretty simple radio in comparison to the higher quality Futabas, and there really isn't anything to adjust besides servo reverse and trim. Guess I'll just have to wait a little while unless someone knows something specific about these ESCs that I'm missing. And thank you, mkiiina, I'll take all the luck I can get.