Losi mini sct mods and fun

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi mini sct mods and fun

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Went and got some new out-drives today to get back running for now until the ball diff. comes in, should be here tomorrow but I couldn't wait around lol. Also for anybody doing titanium turnbuckles be careful I heard another story of the very front turnbuckles being to long and having to trim them to fit, well I had to do the same thing and trim the ball cups a little also, did some cooling mods also, now have ram air lol and cut the windshield out and a piece on the back.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Got some pics of my new rims and tires I got today, excuse the dust/ carpet as I just got back from carpet racing and haven't cleaned it up yet, I picked up some LOSI mini eight hexes and some foams because they hook like crazy on carpet you can tell the rears are more narrow than the fronts and the shocks had to be moved to the inside holes to clear, I should have my tires for the mini t alloy rims soon and hoping that will fix having to move the shocks, but for anyone who is looking for better than stock tire/ rims there are a few options out there. Also picked up a ball diff. for it because I keep breaking the out-drives, hope this solves my problem there.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Destroying another set of tires

http://youtu.be/FUfjfaNmw0M
Old 02-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Installed the ball diff. tonight went pretty smooth, got it all broke in now and running great for the races tomorrow, here is a pic of the tear down.

Cleaned most of the black grease out the best I could.

Filled it back up with some Traxxas 30K diff. lube.

Back together and working silky smooth.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Another video of the MSCT.

http://youtu.be/9hAJPEofZsQ
Old 03-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Got a few more videos today, enjoy!

http://youtu.be/PpIIvzHyj6s

http://youtu.be/DAG38AtrE14
Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you guys who have added hop ups to the mini SCT post some links to the items you have used and let me know how well they work

I just bought the Rockstar one for my son who just turned 4 and yesterday we were bashing in the street I had my mini 8ight and he collided full speed into the front and busted both his shock and the mount on the chassie portion. I still need to get the parts manual out to locate part numbers but I wanted to only buy once and hop ups are on the list for him.

He is actually an ok driver with it even for a four year old.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Can you guys who have added hop ups to the mini SCT post some links to the items you have used and let me know how well they work

I just bought the Rockstar one for my son who just turned 4 and yesterday we were bashing in the street I had my mini 8ight and he collided full speed into the front and busted both his shock and the mount on the chassie portion. I still need to get the parts manual out to locate part numbers but I wanted to only buy once and hop ups are on the list for him.

He is actually an ok driver with it even for a four year old.

Thanks
I order from www.asiatees.com or www.horizonhobby.com

First thing upgrade the servo, if you are going lipo especially a 3 cell I would get a ball diff. right away, my ball diff. has been working great as long as you follow the directions and break it in properly you should be good, and as far as mods to do and how well they worked, I would say if you will be using a 3 cell lipo go back and look through my thread and do everything I have, as my truck sits now it takes a beating and keeps on going, not to mention with the gear combo and lipo I have it destroys all my friends rc's lol, hope this helps a little and if you have any questions let me know.

Some videos here of my slightly modded LOSI MSCT, 3 cell lipo 11.1V, geared, JR DS285MG Metal gear servo, alloy shocks, alloy rear rims, alloy front/ rear hubs, alloy stearing blocks, Ball differential, cvd's, titanium tie rods, and probably a few other little things that I can't think of right now lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/brentbrent/videos
Old 04-09-2012, 04:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tyres

Hi. I have just bought a mini sct. This is my first rc car. I love it so far. Have ordered a few spares and 2s lipo's. And will put a new H55 servo with saver in. My main issue is tires/wheels. Please can you guys tell me what the best option is. Are the slash wheels and tyres ok on the rear?

I have read a few places where they say the slash tyres will fit on the stock sct rims. Can anyone confirm? And therefore just buy 4 slash tyres and glue it on the stock rims instead of having 2 stock on front and 2 slash rims and tyres on the back.

Thanks

Z
Old 04-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zjelko
Hi. I have just bought a mini sct. This is my first rc car. I love it so far. Have ordered a few spares and 2s lipo's. And will put a new H55 servo with saver in. My main issue is tires/wheels. Please can you guys tell me what the best option is. Are the slash wheels and tyres ok on the rear?

I have read a few places where they say the slash tyres will fit on the stock sct rims. Can anyone confirm? And therefore just buy 4 slash tyres and glue it on the stock rims instead of having 2 stock on front and 2 slash rims and tyres on the back.

Thanks

Z
I have no idea if they will work, I would say give it a try and let us know how it works, that would be a lot better alternative then what I've had to do.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I have fitted the Hs55 servo. And all is good. Also got alloy shocks with 30w oil. I have bought 2 pairs of traxass mini slash tyres to mount on my stock rear rims. I am thinking of leaving the softer stock tyres on the front. Will let you know how I get on with the slash tyres
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Forgot to mention I also got 2 x turnigy 1600 mah 2s lipo's and a turnigy accucel 6 charger. So far so good. Definitely a huge boost in run time and acceleration. Don't think I'm going to try 3s. Don't want to start breaking parts
Old 04-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New Tyres

Ok Guys

I have done the rear tyres on my Mini SCT, the Traxxas mini Slash tyres fit fine on the stock rims with the usual tyre glue. you will loose a little grip on the road vs more grip off road due to the harder compound of these tyres.

Losi mini sct mods and fun-photo1.jpg

Losi mini sct mods and fun-photo2.jpg

Losi mini sct mods and fun-photo3.jpg

Losi mini sct mods and fun-photo5.jpg

Losi mini sct mods and fun-photo6.jpg
Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Good to know that the slash 1/16 tires will fit on the losi rims, thanks for the pics also looking good, I still haven't got around to posting pics. of my new rims and tires, mainly because the hexes and foams are working great for me on my grass/ dirt track at my house and also on the indoor carpet at the track I will get some pics. asap of mine here soon again, below are some videos of mine in action.

http://www.youtube.com/user/brentbrent?feature=mhee
Old 05-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zjelko
Ok Guys

I have done the rear tyres on my Mini SCT, the Traxxas mini Slash tyres fit fine on the stock rims with the usual tyre glue. you will loose a little grip on the road vs more grip off road due to the harder compound of these tyres.
Thanks for the info and pixs man. Cld you tell me what you mean by the "usual tyre glue"? CA/super glue?I saw someone using "standard super glue" on YouTube to re-glue some tyres on his Losi mini SCT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.