Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI's new 1/18th Monster Truck- The Mini Recon

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
What made the Propulse fail was its initial price and Radio Shacks liberal return policy. The reason your getting them for $50 now is in NJ there is a warehouse full of them.....
The Propulse was supposed to sell for $100. When they initially released them the bumped up the price to $150....People bought them broke them and Radio shack couldnt fix them so people returned them...Then RadioShack dumped them all back at Megatech......Now Megatech had to refurbish thousands....and you can get them for $50....

The HPI at $99 is a great deal....2.4 too...
1/18th scale racing is no longer as big as it once was....the masses realize most 1/18th scales are money pits and it is cheaper to go bigger....

Thanks for the little history lesson . (not a sarcastic tone) I never said the recon was a bad deal, I plan on picking one up when I have the money.

Oh, to whoever said tacon and stuff is crap, its not! While I run castle in my blitz, I cant wait to run a hobbywing 120a esc instead of my sidewinder!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Old 11-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by phathedrc18t
?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdyrcdriver
Thanks for the little history lesson . (not a sarcastic tone) I never said the recon was a bad deal, I plan on picking one up when I have the money.

Oh, to whoever said tacon and stuff is crap, its not! While I run castle in my blitz, I cant wait to run a hobbywing 120a esc instead of my sidewinder!
Tacon, Turnigy, Hobbywing, Rhino, EZrun......they are all foreign garbage that is polluting and dilluting the good names of domestic RC electronics manufacturers.
Go ahead and keep sending your money to china........it'll only make our economy stronger.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
Tacon, Turnigy, Hobbywing, Rhino, EZrun......they are all foreign garbage that is polluting and dilluting the good names of domestic RC electronics manufacturers.
Go ahead and keep sending your money to china........it'll only make our economy stronger.
You have looked on the back of your American made stuff right?

Greed is the reason why most buy from aftermarket names like hobbywing.

Why double the price because it is sold under a american name? I understand what you are saying, but you have to understand economics also.

If the American stuff was that good, it wouldn't have to worry about the foreign garbage polluting and diluting, would it? <--- There lye's your problem Jimmy.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by etivac13
rc18T/MT, propulse, maverick atom... anything else out there that looks like this? ..though hpi covered the gear and the battery...they should have used a BL combo too...
+1. I am disappointed in this "new" creation from HPI. I would rather see a new 1/18 onroad racer!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Hobbywing isn't crap!!! In fact Speed Passion as used by Marc Rheinhard and other topdrivers is made by Hobbywing!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Ok guys, this thread is about the mini recon. If he wants to fight about the good quality electronics that come from hongkong then let him make another thread. Btw, I bought a castle esc, and I pretty much hate it. I want to love it, but it just isnt going to work out. Hobbywing ftw!

Here is a vid of an unboxing.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Are you serious ? Very very little electronics of any kind are still made in the US , almost everything is outsourced too Asian companies . There are some manufacturers that still assemble products in the US but most just rebadge another companies design and call it their own .
Old 12-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

With Fear of reviving the battle above - I'm posting to this thread to try and breath some life back into it (for its intended purpose).

I'm getting a Mini Recon for Christmas. Wondering from those that have it - how do you like it? Anything I should check/adjust right away? Any pointers?

I should say - I've got a Traxxas Slash, a LCG Slash with a Castle Sidewinder System, a Rustler with a Castle Sidewinder System, and was looking for a toy at the 1:18 scale without much money.

Wife used a Hobbytown Coupon to pick this guy up for $70. I'm excited to try it out but have to wait. While waiting I figured I'd do what I do best - obsess. So those that have one - share your experiences please.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Would love some actuall reviews on this bad boy, looking into purchusing for my younger brother, 16. likes the smaller scale this looks like a good one...
Old 12-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My son is getting this for Xmas. Anything that I must know while running this? Is it possible to rebind the ESC with half power? My son is just getting the hang of the controls. He has handled the steering only on my ECO.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have one and i love it, its really tough, the wheels and tries weren't the greatest, i cracked the wheels, but i had some losi mini t wheels around and they went on with little work. Its fast enough to be fun, but not too fast that it will break its self, ive hit walls and stuff at full speed and nothing has broken yet, i have had a shock cap pop off twice, same one. i love it and would recommend it to anyone
Old 12-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2forty3
I have one and i love it, its really tough, the wheels and tries weren't the greatest, i cracked the wheels, but i had some losi mini t wheels around and they went on with little work. Its fast enough to be fun, but not too fast that it will break its self, ive hit walls and stuff at full speed and nothing has broken yet, i have had a shock cap pop off twice, same one. i love it and would recommend it to anyone
Thank you very much for chiming in. Good to hear recent first hand reviews.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.