Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

NEW MINI 8IGHT BUGGY FROM LOSI !

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Phat mini8
Hey mate I have been running a Duratrax Vendetta saver on my hitec servo with no problems.
Fan of the Kimbrough 131 saver myself. trimmed to fit, put on the Hitech and haven't had to think about it since. good combo for care-free steering.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys check out my Truggy Project see it here....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mi...gy-thread.html
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

For those who asked about the losi c/f shock towers, they too are 3mm thick like the aftermarket ones.

And for the person that said the servo saver that comes with the m8 will fit on the hitec 225mg, I don't know how you figure that out as the stock losi servo has 24teeth while the hitec has 25teeth.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by reckboy
Fan of the Kimbrough 131 saver myself. trimmed to fit, put on the Hitech and haven't had to think about it since. good combo for care-free steering.
Cool man yeah have only heard good things bout kimbough saver...what's that "ammo 3900" motor you are running like? Have'nt heard of them myself...I live in Australia and race my mini 8 with 10th scale 2wd buggies as there are no classes for the mini's...Yet I'm still running stock motor and esc, but have just ordered a Tekin mini rage esc my other mods include RPM a-arms, every aluminium hop up available, RSector cf towers and "quick spur change" chassis brace, Hitec 225mg, HR progressive springs,phat body a wing, Spektrum Dx2s. Also have done my own custom battery strap and am constantly checking for new products and checking this thread is a good way to stay in the loop .............
Old 11-13-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Re: shock towers -- I've broken the Losi CF ones, but the Hot Racing towers are holding up great, feel stronger, and have far more mounting points for fine adjustment.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jirish617
+1 i'd like to know the same info

Tekin's website shows the mini rage motor limit is a 180 size 20mm limit, but aren't some of you guys running it with no problem?
Anyone know about the tekin?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

use the hitec 225mg with the red kimbrough servo saver, you have to trim the top a bit but it works flawless
Old 11-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YouSuckDude
use the hitec 225mg with the red kimbrough servo saver, you have to trim the top a bit but it works flawless
+1
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jirish617
Anyone know about the tekin?
I am running the Tekin Mini Rage with the Traxxas Velineon 380. Ran four packs through it this Sunday at the track (unprepped, very loose conditions)... not a single hickup from this setup. Worked great!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Is there any sensored solution for the M8?

Is the hitec 225MG the best servo for this car? What's the maximum size of the servo that fits in there?
Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Is there any sensored solution for the M8?

Is the hitec 225MG the best servo for this car? What's the maximum size of the servo that fits in there?
No sensored soluition that I am aware of.
You need a "mini" sized servo. The Hitec does the job for around $25. One of the most used mini servos (particularly in 12th scale) is the Futaba S9650, but it will set you back around $60.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Phat mini8
Cool man yeah have only heard good things bout kimbough saver...what's that "ammo 3900" motor you are running like? Have'nt heard of them myself...I live in Australia and race my mini 8 with 10th scale 2wd buggies as there are no classes for the mini's...Yet I'm still running stock motor and esc, but have just ordered a Tekin mini rage esc my other mods include RPM a-arms, every aluminium hop up available, RSector cf towers and "quick spur change" chassis brace, Hitec 225mg, HR progressive springs,phat body a wing, Spektrum Dx2s. Also have done my own custom battery strap and am constantly checking for new products and checking this thread is a good way to stay in the loop .............
The ammo motors are from Great Planes (Tower Hobbies Brand?). 3900 kv with a 28mm diameter can seem just about right for 3s. I gotta say though, the stock motor in these M8s is really good. With the right aftermarket ESC on 2s, I think you will be really happy on the track. Only reason I swapped mine was the bell housing kept working its way off under 3s power... also knoticed the small 2mm shaft had a slight bend from debris getting in the gears I think. That being said, the stocker seems good to me if running 2s power which is probably all you would want for most tracks.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

as some of you know i spent like a grand on hop ups for my m8 and STILL havent got it running yet due to buying the wrong rx, i just made a trade with someone on here for the correct rx, so i'll get a video of it when i get it up and running, i have a hobbywing 35a esc and lots of wires. whats the best way to clean it up and mount this giant ass esc? double sided tape and zip ties or what?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YouSuckDude
as some of you know i spent like a grand on hop ups for my m8 and STILL havent got it running yet due to buying the wrong rx, i just made a trade with someone on here for the correct rx, so i'll get a video of it when i get it up and running, i have a hobbywing 35a esc and lots of wires. whats the best way to clean it up and mount this giant ass esc? double sided tape and zip ties or what?
I think Nologicone put spacers under the body mounts, in turn lifting the body up a bit and giving more room for his larger ESC. I will let him reply about any gotchas but from my point of view from bashing with him, the car still looks good.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

awesome, thanks man i'll pick up some washers and do that. i cut my body but with all the wires i dont want any rubbing on the spur gear or anything like that. theres a bunch of wires. i was trying to find a way to tuck them or something. i dont feel comfortable cutting and re soldering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.