Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Micro~t dies on start

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Micro~t dies on start

Hello everyone.. brand new here and i need the help or advice of an expert or 2. My son has a Micro T and i dont know what is wrong. Over the past couple weeks it has been shutting itself off on take off, but this seems to only happen if he gives it full throttle. Its fine if he gradually gives it throttle..he just doesnt think its very fun unless its pulling wheelies! lol The only way we've figured out how to get it going again is to actually shut the truck off using the switch and then turning it back on again. Alot of times too, the truck will stop if it gets more than 10 feet from him as he is trying to play with it. its getting worse and worse and now is to the point where its basically unusable. I'm not too familiar with these micros as i've not really dealt with too much other than my t~maxx's. I dont want to go start replacing parts at random hoping to solve the problem but if its a known problem with these and i can know what i need to buy, then i'll fix it. I dont know if its the motor, the servo, or possibly the receiver?? I'm pretty clueless and i'm not ashamed to admit it.... I did an upgrade to the lopi battery if its of any relevance..perhaps this has caused the trouble? I'm pretty sure he was having trouble with atleast the range of operation before the battery upgrade. i dont know about the other for sure tho..

any advice is much appreciated and i thank you in advance
~S~
Old 07-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sounds like the receiver to me. the problem is the micro-t has a esc-rx combo so it's not cheap to fix unless you can find the problem in the current model. The Losi rx/tx and servo for micros are aweful IMHO.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this happens to my friends micro-t when he uses a certain lipo. I know he found a solution, i'll ask him next time I see him.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:33 PM
NJD
Tech Initiate

Check on microtforum.com they might be able to help you better.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShawnR
Hello everyone.. brand new here and i need the help or advice of an expert or 2. My son has a Micro T and i don't know what is wrong. Over the past couple weeks it has been shutting itself off on take off, but this seems to only happen if he gives it full throttle. Its fine if he gradually gives it throttle..he just doesn't think its very fun unless its pulling wheelies! lol The only way we've figured out how to get it going again is to actually shut the truck off using the switch and then turning it back on again. Alot of times too, the truck will stop if it gets more than 10 feet from him as he is trying to play with it. its getting worse and worse and now is to the point where its basically unusable. I'm not too familiar with these micros as i've not really dealt with too much other than my t~maxx's. I dont want to go start replacing parts at random hoping to solve the problem but if its a known problem with these and i can know what i need to buy, then i'll fix it. I dont know if its the motor, the servo, or possibly the receiver?? I'm pretty clueless and i'm not ashamed to admit it.... I did an upgrade to the lopi battery if its of any relevance..perhaps this has caused the trouble? I'm pretty sure he was having trouble with atleast the range of operation before the battery upgrade. i dont know about the other for sure tho..

any advice is much appreciated and i thank you in advance
~S~
did you ever get it fixed?
I have Two of these and have fixed alot of problem's with them and mod's.

Here is a pic of one of mine mod micro t...

2.4gig upgrade for about $25.00-$30.00 will fix the range problem...

Old 08-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i own 3 of these micros, and all of them have this similar problem.

in the end is spent heaps and have done what fix218 has done and upgraded everything to brushless and spektrum and lipo. Cost me a few bob in the end.

microforums have some excellent articles if you are handy with a soldering iron... but at the end of the day, all those losi electrics are far from quality.