Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't control RC18B Mamba when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Can't control RC18B Mamba when accelerating

I have the 1st gen RC18B which I have been slowly messing with for the past few years, but I think I am about to call it quits if I can't find a solution. It has a Mamba Micro Pro 8000kv (in a heat sink ofc) with a 3s lipo, upgraded bearings, MIP diffs, steel gears in the axle cases, aluminum dogbones, adjustable turnbuckles, AE upgraded shocks, alum. steering link, and Losi Street Meats.

It is geared 55/10, but the speed isn't the issue. When accelerating it tends to jerk one way or another causing it to spin or hit curbs, even under fairly steady acceleration.

It seems like the front tires have way too much play in them, I think due to the steering linkage, it wobbles around a lot and I can't find shims for it. Tightening the screws doesn't help. Also the toe of the front wheels is constantly changing. The turnbuckles may have a titanium adjustment bar, but the rest is plastic so it seems pointless. Also the rear tires have a bad toe in stance, which to my knowledge can't be adjusted.

I am pretty sure it is almost all because of the wobbly steering linkage so Ill start by asking, is there a cheap fix or better replacement? I bought it from TheToyz
Old 06-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The Driven Productions drag link reduces much of the steering slop, definitely recommend one.

What servo and servo saver are you using?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Rookie

It the original servo and the saver is just a thin metal circle that wraps around the original plastic circle thing (don't know the name)
Old 06-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

I actually just fixed almost everything with the help of a rubberband. I wrapped it around the two knobs on the steerig linkage where the turnbuckles snap on. After a little adjusting it drove better than ever

Ill pick up the drag link if the rubberband gives me trouble