Community
Wiki Posts
Search

esc problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default esc problems

well my esc caught on fire today im little pissed of i only had like the b2 for 2 weeks so im hoping they cover the fix or the new one but what i was wondering if they can't fix it what can i do to fix it or should i just buy a new one
Old 05-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

lucky you.... you are in US of A where the buyers have protection for these type of problems

IMO, you need to replace that.... in the electronics point of view, you likely fried the MOSFET of the ESC. These MOSFET can be replaced and it could work again.

The bad side, if the board got burned (copper tracks fried also)... then it needs to be "re-wired". These are sometimes done on Mini Zs board but not on other ESCs.

Another concern that you should look into is that what could have caused it?

- may be you geared it too low that you managed to "choke" the motor to get too high power (amperage) from the ESC... thus burning the MOSFET.

- may be the ESC simply have poor quality.... if this this the case, why would you want to have the same brand again?!?

- may be the ESC got a short-circuit (doesn't happen often but it can happen).
Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
lucky you.... you are in US of A where the buyers have protection for these type of problems

IMO, you need to replace that.... in the electronics point of view, you likely fried the MOSFET of the ESC. These MOSFET can be replaced and it could work again.

The bad side, if the board got burned (copper tracks fried also)... then it needs to be "re-wired". These are sometimes done on Mini Zs board but not on other ESCs.

Another concern that you should look into is that what could have caused it?

- may be you geared it too low that you managed to "choke" the motor to get too high power (amperage) from the ESC... thus burning the MOSFET.

- may be the ESC simply have poor quality.... if this this the case, why would you want to have the same brand again?!?

- may be the ESC got a short-circuit (doesn't happen often but it can happen).
ya well its all stock just got the car didnt touch anything so im thinking its just a defective esc i gotta call associated in a few hours and see what they will do
Old 05-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

We have had several racers blow up, burn down, or just have their AE mini ESCs fail. Looks like bad product or bad line of production. I have one bought at the same time and never had an issue (now must knock on computer table).
Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickstang84
well my esc caught on fire today im little pissed of i only had like the b2 for 2 weeks so im hoping they cover the fix or the new one but what i was wondering if they can't fix it what can i do to fix it or should i just buy a new one
Holy run on sentences batman. A comma here and period there, makes a world of difference.

Send it back, they should replace it.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

when did this site become an online english course? i understood what he said just fine. just sayin....
Old 05-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sm_bailey77
when did this site become an online english course? i understood what he said just fine. just sayin....
lol thanks dude ya i called up associated there gonna replace it i just got send it to them tomorrow