Wiki Posts
Search

TRAXXAS ALL NEW 1/16 RALLY CAR

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

lkjgbkjhgngh

Last edited by nitsuj2k; 12-03-2022 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prostock
This car will fit into the MINI class (ABC hobbies, Tamiya M, HPI Cup Racer) and the 210mm wheelbase bodies should fit (less 4mm of wheelwell lexan). Once released will can see a side by side comparison to confirm this...

I really like this car and with Traxxas parts availability a MINI class on the rise this car should do well. Also Traxxas fans worldwide will make it a success!

BRC
Only problem is, this uses 1/10 TC sized wheels, not the M-chassis wheels (smaller)
Old 10-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So who is the parts interchangeability master? What's the difference between the Rally & the Slash besides the obvious: body, body mounts, wheels, tires, bumpers, springs...???

I like to see the longer body posts for mounting taller bodies! Even after I finally went ahead and rigged something up to mount a McAllister Late-Model body on my Slash...

Now I will just be waiting on a Ken Block Ford Fiesta Monster Energy/DC Shoes body to mount on it!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon D.
I think Traxxas should get over the revo platform. They've used it for all there "new" vehicles. Think about it guys....they havn't really realesed something new in a year or so (other that the slash 4x4)

just my opinion, I don't mean to offend anyone that likes the idea
I agree to a point, but it is a double-edged sword. On one hand there needs to be innovation and new ideas developed, on the other hand there's the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would agree that, "it aint broke" as an off-road vehicle. But I am skeptical of its ability on smoother surfaces compared to other mini options. From a marketing standpoint I think it was a smart move, but will it perform well enough to survive?
Old 10-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burnineyes
I would agree that, "it aint broke" as an off-road vehicle. But I am skeptical of its ability on smoother surfaces compared to other mini options. From a marketing standpoint I think it was a smart move, but will it perform well enough to survive?
It was a smart move. Traxxas knows exactly what they are doing and it shows. They are doing everything right when all the others are doing it not so well. They are the sole reason for why our hobby/sport will be on national TV within the next two or three years showing the world r/c racing events...(Mark my words) you should thank this company for all they do for us r/c junkies and the whole industry for that matter. They are out there in the real world paving the way for the future of r/c in the prime time so be patient and there will be improvements and all will one day have a Traxxas in their stable sporting their favorite type of car or truck or anything for that matter.....

They have brought the R/C industry back to life single handedly to the level it will be at soon because of their superb marketing skills and never give up attitudes. They use to be at the bottom and now they are at the top...Hats off to Traxxas for starters.

Ok I'm done preaching with love for tonight.....

Happy Racing

Last edited by Micro-Man; 10-30-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

i agree traxxas came out with the slash and that really kicked up the r/c industry quickly. im not worried about using the same chassis because i have the merv and i really like the layout. like said before if it ain't broken don't fix it.

i cant wait to get my hands on one of these and see how it handles. im sure the aftermarket support is going to be crazy for this little car.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Only problem is, this uses 1/10 TC sized wheels, not the M-chassis wheels (smaller)
Doesnt change anything its just like the cupracer, which is able to use 10th TC wheels instead their small Mchassis wheels

Originally Posted by prostock
This car will fit into the MINI class (ABC hobbies, Tamiya M, HPI Cup Racer) and the 210mm wheelbase bodies should fit (less 4mm of wheelwell lexan). Once released will can see a side by side comparison to confirm this...

I really like this car and with Traxxas parts availability a MINI class on the rise this car should do well. Also Traxxas fans worldwide will make it a success!

BRC
Yes you can fit M Chassis bodies on this car with no problem.
Some bodies are able to use normal 10th scale tires.
Some other bodies require True 10 scale aka minis tires
We already done that for like a while now.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

I HAVE GOT TO GET ONE!!
when is the release date?
Old 10-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-Man
It was a smart move. Traxxas knows exactly what they are doing and it shows. They are doing everything right when all the others are doing it not so well. They are the sole reason for why our hobby/sport will be on national TV within the next two or three years showing the world r/c racing events...(Mark my words) you should thank this company for all they do for us r/c junkies and the whole industry for that matter. They are out there in the real world paving the way for the future of r/c in the prime time so be patient and there will be improvements and all will one day have a Traxxas in their stable sporting their favorite type of car or truck or anything for that matter.....

They have brought the R/C industry back to life single handedly to the level it will be at soon because of their superb marketing skills and never give up attitudes. They use to be at the bottom and now they are at the top...Hats off to Traxxas and Steve Sladen for starters.

Ok I'm done preaching with love for tonight.....

Happy Racing
Well said Micro Man.
I have to admit I am one of those grumpy old school types who doesnt like the bashem smashem attitude of many of the people Traxxas has brought into the hobby. It seems like these days people want to open the box to a new RC, ram it into the wall at 70 MPH, and do it over and over again to see who survives the longest. Of course I know this is not everyones attitude, but it does seem to fit many that I see taking over the local tracks everywhere. In my opinion, too few people actually spend the time to build a vehicle and learn the ins and outs before jumping right in. Traxxas is thriving on this type of sales, and it does help the hobby to grow in a major way. But as a racer I have not found a Traxxas vehicle that I like to date. Sadly this one doesnt look like the one either.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burnineyes
Well said Micro Man.
I have to admit I am one of those grumpy old school types who doesnt like the bashem smashem attitude of many of the people Traxxas has brought into the hobby. It seems like these days people want to open the box to a new RC, ram it into the wall at 70 MPH, and do it over and over again to see who survives the longest. Of course I know this is not everyones attitude, but it does seem to fit many that I see taking over the local tracks everywhere. In my opinion, too few people actually spend the time to build a vehicle and learn the ins and outs before jumping right in. Traxxas is thriving on this type of sales, and it does help the hobby to grow in a major way. But as a racer I have not found a Traxxas vehicle that I like to date. Sadly this one doesnt look like the one either.
I agree. I am a very old school racer as well where I built all my vehicles from a box of parts and had to learn from the ground up on how to make the car a racing machine learning from the best drivers at the time and perfecting my racing skills and still today love it when a company will come out with a box kit you have to build over any ready to run out there, but that's just me.
I also have seen to many as well be able to get on tracks around the country today and be allowed to bashum smashum and not learn to have to drive and become better skilled at their hobby. In return this attitude has caused some to stop going out and having fun at their local tracks. Not all together the bashers fault for this conduct but I blame the Track officials for letting and allowing this to happen everywhere. No penalties or black flags or stop and goes anymore for ruff driving like it was back in the 80's. So it will stop when the Directors start cracking down and bring it back to order on the track. But Like it is, Traxxas is doing great for our hobby and don't worry it will all come back together and the gentleman's agreement will come back in to effect. Just my opinion!

Last edited by Micro-Man; 10-30-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Wow that is a sweet looking rally car.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

....now not shipping til 10/11...urghhhh! I thought these would be shipping 10/5 (per Traxxas website). If that was the case my LHS was gonna have them this coming Friday....oh well!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
i agree traxxas came out with the slash and that really kicked up the r/c industry quickly. im not worried about using the same chassis because i have the merv and i really like the layout. like said before if it ain't broken don't fix it.

i cant wait to get my hands on one of these and see how it handles. im sure the aftermarket support is going to be crazy for this little car.
Hey now, don't forget about what they did with the T-Maxx to the industry as well. It reminds me a lot of what happened with the SCT scene. The T-Maxx came out and practically sold out, so everyone else had to jump on as well. One of the best competitors to the Maxx lineup was the Savage from HPI, built completely differently than the Maxx truck almost as a pair of rivalry trucks that promoted other companies to think outside the box. The same could be said about the SCT scene, since the Blitz is so much different than the Slash. I know there are many great monster truck and short course rigs out there, but if I wanted to include them all I would be typing forever.

I personally like what Traxxas is doing. I like how they have that tendency to stir things up and make other companies think. It creates more vehicles to turn up in a certain class and will sometimes result in one hell of a class being created, such as the MT class and SCT class that I referenced to. Keep it going, Traxxas!

BTW, I do not own any Traxxas vehicles. I own a HPI Savage, Blitz, and OFNA Hyper 7. So I am not a Traxxas fanboy!!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im not trying to be bias but I have a tmaxx 3.3, it was my first RC and I love it even if its just due to the customer service traxxas provides. Traxxas has sent me so many free things its unreal. I have stepped away from the tmaxx and have a losi 8 2.0 now. I have been thinking about picking me up my first EP car and I think this new release from traxxas is going to be my first because of their sweet customer service.

literally amost every part on my tmaxx has been replaced including the chasis and most of it was free. but still running strong on the same motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.