Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Losi stock esc/motor problem >

Losi stock esc/motor problem

Losi stock esc/motor problem

Old 08-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi stock esc/motor problem

I hooked 7.4 lipo to my mini slider and it ran great for about 10 mins then I lost throttle and the esc was blinking red/green/orange. It wasn't an overheat because I let it completely cool and now it'll run for 5 seconds and shut off again. I bolted another stock motor and it ran for 10 minutes and did the same. I've done this in the past with the same setup and had no problems. Did I fry the motors? Thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Could it be lipo cut off? I don't really know the esc but it sure sounds like a low voltage shut off.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

I will throw a fresh pack in it and see if it runs. Is there anything inside the motor that I could have fried causing the esc to shut it down?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Rookie

nope, fresh pack still runs for 5 secs and shuts off. Anyone else?
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know this is an old post but since I haven't seen anyone respond with some solution, thought of adding to this.. I have a slider too and recently it started showing the same symptoms described here. It has stock setup. Servo works fine and is as fast as it normally is so nothing wrong with the receiver. However, motor runs fine for about 5-8 seconds and then it shuts down. It's not overheating problem since everything is quite cool and I am running it in 50degree weather.