Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Rc18b2 all terain tyres and rims >

Rc18b2 all terain tyres and rims

Rc18b2 all terain tyres and rims

Old 08-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angry Rc18b2 all terain tyres and rims

Can someone please show me a set of tires and rims that will work correctly on the RC18b2 that works on all terrains (asphalt mainly). I have called and written Team Associated with no response, so I take you all to task. Street meats work for the back but not for the fronts. I called Canyon Hobbies and they were stumped. I have off road tires, and they are easy to get..but sometimes I like to run it on asphalt.

Thanks!
happy hunting cause my eyes have bled looking for a set up...
Dwmoore21
Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

for asphalt you can run the 18R tires rims and tires... you will need a spacer between the rim and locknut because the stub axles on the B2/T2 are longer... same as with SC18 rims and tires...

You can probably mount the 18R or SC18 tire to a B2/T2 rim and that would bolt on better...
Old 08-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

What bothers you to use road rage or street meat tires with wide rims on the front? I'm doing this also an it works fine.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I agree what is wrong with using the same front and rear? I mean when you put the truggy body on and you change the front tyres its still the same chassis setup
Old 08-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It's perfectly fine to use the same tires front and rear on the B2, it's the same thing as the T2 besides the body and front shock tower. If you want to get a really large variety of on-road tires, you may want to look at getting 12mm hex adapters so that you can run 1/10th scale on-road tires: http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_deta...cat_name=RC18T
Old 08-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Broke down; let this post die

After figuring out every way possible, I broke down and bought the same tires as the rear. Its a shame there is such little choice on what tires you can get but I am cool with the street meats atm. Too bad my car is broke down due to an overheated motor (stock super 370). Got a new stock motor and now looking into a fanned heatsink for it.

I created and it and now its time for it to end. Pls do not reply to this post.