Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread >

Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread

Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dunchadoit View Post
Just picked mine up tonight at the PN facility. I love it! This thing is great right out of the box. Had to throw in the Lipo from my Micro-t which made a huge difference.
Hmmm wonder what will happen to all the micro-t's once people buy an Sc? I got it, you can use them as Christmas tree ornaments!!

OK back to the real world. The very clever Philip Nyguen of PN racing has all ready taken off the side rails and installed AAA holders and installed a mini-z 2.4 board. WOW what a difference. trip A's you can drive for ever. And the 2.4 board is a deam come true!! Damn he's a smart one.
And now he's working on getting a mini-z motor in the thing. I love that man.

Stay tuned for more info.
What's up B...so did you guys do side by side speed-laps on the track and if so how were the cars handling? Is it mostly SCs or rallys that everyone has? I'm going to be there either next Friday or the following with my Zs...don't have one of these yet but need to pick one up I guess...
I see Philip is already hard at work...maybe one of his first items should be proper steering alu knuckles..from the posts sounds like extra material on the wrong spots of stock knuckles limits steering throw & the 130 motor drop-in WoW
Old 09-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

just got a rally version. anybody else having trouble with loosing a signal when its about 15ft away.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Sweet!! We defiantly have to meet up for some racing. No just trucks fro right now. Can't wait to mod mine. I may have a few tricks up my sleeve that Phil doesn't know about. His car was definatly driving better than mine.

Give me a ring when you're down.

Bruce Glick
Old 09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
just got a rally version. anybody else having trouble with loosing a signal when its about 15ft away.
Seems like pretty much everyone is having this issue. Its the same issue the micro t had. It's weird that it does it considering every other 27mhz Rtr radio in other brands gets normal range. Maybe its the antennae size on the car. Either way its what's pushing me to go brushless just so I can put in my spektrum setup.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well I'm happy with the one I got. I did a whole lap on a 1/10 scale track standing not on the stand but on the end of a rectangle track which means at some parts I was around 150 ft. Just need steering
Old 09-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just picked mine up tonight at the PN facility. I love it! This thing is great right out of the box. Had to throw in the Lipo from my Micro-t which made a huge difference.
Hmmm wonder what will happen to all the micro-t's once people buy an Sc? I got it, you can use them as Christmas tree ornaments!!

OK back to the real world. The very clever Philip Nyguen of PN racing has all ready taken off the side rails and installed AAA holders and installed a mini-z 2.4 board. WOW what a difference. trip A's you can drive for ever. And the 2.4 board is a deam come true!! Damn he's a smart one.
And now he's working on getting a mini-z motor in the thing. I love that man.

Stay tuned for more info.
Any chance you could get more info on the AAA holder mod? Such as how many AAA holders (two double AAA holders, or one quad AAA holder), how the holders are installed, etc. I'd love to do that mod!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

It's two double AAA holders. One on each side. All the guy did was remove the side rail then drill two holes in the battery holders and mount them right on the car, very EZ mod.

To tell you the truth, using the micro-t lipo is a lot easier, the car is faster, and it's a direct plug-n-play. I'm totally happy with mine. You don't get the longer run times but I was doing 10min full throttle the whole time. To boast, I own 3 lipos and 3 chargers. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun!!!

Oh yea don't forget to run some electrical tape on the bottom of the chassis making sure you cover the screws. This will save the screw heads.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Took the SCT apart today. Quite impressive hardware. Metal gears in the diff and the entire drive train is supported by ball bearings. Was expecting to see plastic bushings. This car is definitely a well build hobby grade race car. Very nice truck.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

You guys should check out the projects section over on the micro t forums. Those guys have custom cut alloy and carbon fiber chassis already and even gone as far as making their own steering bellcranks and their cars look awesome. I cant wait to change the chassis over to some nice carbon for ease of electronics layout and then swap to brushless and 2.4. This thing is a keeper in my books.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

I'm so stoked on this truck, I love it. My son ran over the front end of my truck with his bike and only broke the body mounts!! This truck is a winner in my book and can't wait to see the upgrades that PN has in store.

Oh yea I fixed the front mount by using a PN pan car wing. Attached it to the shock tower and bent it to accommodate the ride height of the body then pushed it into the ESC slot. Attached velcro to the mount and body. This solved the problem and is very functional. I will leave the rear body mounts just for the fact that they center the body on the car.

Keep it comin!!!!!!!

O-zone tires RULE!!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi 1/24 Micro Rally Car

-melon
Old 09-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Very cool. If I had some smoother surfaces to drive on I'd definitely have a buddy for my SCT.

How is the turning radius on the Rally? Same parts as the SCT?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

just got mine and love it once i shaved a bit of material from both the spindle and hub, I have no issues with range, it might sound like a dumb question but are you guys pulling the antenna on the radio out all the way? I've forgotten a couple times since I'm so used to my spektrum, and if the antenna is down the range is crap, but pulled all the way out I can drive at least 50 ft away, and then I ran out of house to run in,
Old 09-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

I really just think it's the radio. I use an after marker Jr. radio and I've had no problems.

Think about it, for $109.00 they had to skimp somewhere. For the mass market most people will just accept it.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

I really just think it's the radio. I use an after marker Jr. radio and I've had no problems.

Think about it, for $109.00 they had to skimp somewhere. For the mass market most people will just accept it.
I'm gonna try using one of my stock traxxas radios when I get home today to see if that cures the range issue. I know those have no problems with range. Just until I get my dx3r hooked up to it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.