Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread >

Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread

Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I think your the second or third actually since about 4 hours ago I youtubed a brushless speed run on both a sct and rally. Who cares though its still sick. Any driveline issues or any other breakage yet? I just ran mine on a 2s lipo from my micro t and it really woke it up however the battery came out a little warm and the chassis under the motor is HOT.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ride1226 View Post
I think your the second or third actually since about 4 hours ago I youtubed a brushless speed run on both a sct and rally. Who cares though its still sick. Any driveline issues or any other breakage yet? I just ran mine on a 2s lipo from my micro t and it really woke it up however the battery came out a little warm and the chassis under the motor is HOT.
Where's your vid?? Post it up cause I wanna see! No issues other than when trying to run in loose dirt. I seem to get a pebble in the spur without fail everytime! My LiPos get warm too, and the motor runs a little hotter. I think it's cause of the 4WD system. It should loosen up with time, but out of the box, the drivetrain is a little tight. You should look into these LiPo's for it. $12 instead of the $40 that Losi wants to charge. You just have to change the plug, but it even balances!

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/pro_lite_...23357_prd1.htm
Old 09-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just a little more on the durability...

I only posted one of the crashes I had, but I put this through the ringer to shoot this video. I beat the ever loving $#!T out of it, and only scratched the undercarrige and body. Everything else is perfect. I think the little "nerf" bars on the chassis really help protect this thing. Honestly, I expected to break something. Technically, I tried really hard to break something..
Old 09-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

The brushless ones werent my vids they were just someones I found on youtube. I got to run mine with the lipo again and its def fun. I think the main reason I would switch to brushless is to just get a spektrum receiver into the car so I dont have to deal with the range issues and glitching.

As for the lipos, I had them laying around from mine and my brother micro ts from awhile back. One was still brand new in package. My LHS has some hyperions on order that fit the car and can be charged up to 5c so about 9 minute charge times. I would probably charge at 2c just to keep them healthier longer but they are only supposed to be about 12 bucks a pack so I will be grabbing a few of those.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Oh and yea I went off into some tight packed dirt for a few seconds and the car did great however in about a minute had a pebble in the spur big enough to not let the motor turn. Had to open it up and pluck it out with an xacto knife. I think this is gonna be a strict on road rally car haha.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:30 PM
TLRacing

I am stoked to see everyone digging these.

The video from the Colorado area is awesome.

For a steering mod to gain more steering throw you can remove some material from the inside of the front spindle. Be careful not to remove too much or you may pop dogbones out during turning and impact.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks el Fernando! This would clear off my only real gripe with the car (unless more steering doesn't work w/o cvds).

I am psyched losi is pushing the racing side with these (ie. rebranded rcp track). Seems like a nice newcomer or cheap seasoned racer class assuming you run somewhere without fluorescent lighting which destroys radio range. Unfortunately work is one of those places, I get 10-15 feet before it goes unresponsive. Time to go 2.4 and hope all the wifi repeaters don't do anything :P
Old 09-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Mr Hodge. I heard a rumor about a new board coming out that would be spektrum bindable and able to run a losi brushless motor. Any truth behind this? And if so would it be a 3 wire servo setup or retain the stock 5 wire?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Mr Hodge. I heard a rumor about a new board coming out that would be spektrum bindable and able to run a losi brushless motor. Any truth behind this? And if so would it be a 3 wire servo setup or retain the stock 5 wire?
Not a rumor. Video on Horizon website mentions this. 2.4ghz bindable receiver with integrated brushless controller. No word on 3 wire vs 5 wire servo or price.

What would you pay? I think $50-$60 is the easy sell. $70 or more and I'm beginning to hesitate. This would be before the motor.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

I agree with you on that. However, I already have a 3500 micro rx so if its a five wire I might rather upgrade to a better servo, and just get the regular brushless combo and be at right around the same price point but get a better servo and a complete stand alone receiver and esc units. Wonder when they are coming out... Im itching for some real range and no glitching.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I agree with you on that. However, I already have a 3500 micro rx so if its a five wire I might rather upgrade to a better servo, and just get the regular brushless combo and be at right around the same price point but get a better servo and a complete stand alone receiver and esc units. Wonder when they are coming out... Im itching for some real range and no glitching.
I don't think it'll be before Christmas.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Well looks like I will be doing it my way then haha.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Tech Regular

Just picked mine up tonight at the PN facility. I love it! This thing is great right out of the box. Had to throw in the Lipo from my Micro-t which made a huge difference.
Hmmm wonder what will happen to all the micro-t's once people buy an Sc? I got it, you can use them as Christmas tree ornaments!!

OK back to the real world. The very clever Philip Nyguen of PN racing has all ready taken off the side rails and installed AAA holders and installed a mini-z 2.4 board. WOW what a difference. trip A's you can drive for ever. And the 2.4 board is a deam come true!! Damn he's a smart one.
And now he's working on getting a mini-z motor in the thing. I love that man.

Stay tuned for more info.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The 20' range and 20' turning radius are my only 2 gripes.

Everyone I have shown it to really seem to like it. I didn't plan on going brushless but I might do it just for more than a 20' driving range.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Steering?

I love my Mini SCT!!! Building a track inside my house for it on a table. The only thing I need is better steering before any more power. So Would a faster servo make it turn sharper? or just make the same radius just faster? Not quite sure. Read about cutting away in the hubs? Could someone help. Thanks Cory Cliff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.