Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread >

Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread

Official Losi Micro SCT/Rally/Truggy Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el_Fernando View Post
I've had a micro-t and it was fun for a few runs. It got boring pretty quick to bash it outside. I went up to a Mini-t and it is awesome. I think the 1/24th scale should be OK for both indoor and outdoor bashing. They will handle a lot better than the High roller and won't be as much of a pain to work on.
Thats kind of what I was thinking. Small enough for indoor but big enough for smooth outdoor terrain. Glad I didn't buy the high roller yet!

Threaded shocks/threaded axles, ball bearings, and just a tad bigger would probably be better for me. I like short course trucks better than monster trucks, anyway.

Last edited by jdrake19; 08-26-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For those in SoCal Losi 1/24 scale racing,,,get your fix here :

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ng-so-cal.html
Old 08-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by T. Hodge View Post
You guys will be impressed with these. I can't wait to see them hit the hobby store shelves.

Be sure to check out the LiPo for this vehicle too, LOSB9635 for the charger/battery combo and LOSB9825 for the battery only. It is a 2S 7.4v 250mAh battery that adds serious power to this Micro.
I received my Rally Car yesterday, and it's awesome!
There's so much potential with these things. I think they will quickly grow to be a very popular class.

You won't find a better value that combines performance, design, and a scaled look too.

I think these will open the door to a whole new market of racers that can experience the competitve fun and excitement of R/C racing at a reasonable entry level pricepoint. I also think it will bring back veteran racers who no longer race due to escalting costs because it's designed in way they can relate to (upgradeable electronics,lexan bodies etc.) and still offers the potential for competitive racing.

Hats off to you and your team Todd. You really nailed this one!
P.S. now hurry up with the Specktrum upgrades for this thing, my DX3R is already getting anxious!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I have already pulled out the stock electronics from my Micro SCT and installed a JR SM22 servo , Spektrum Sr3500 rx , and the Losi 10250Kv brushless combo . Needless too say its a rocket !

I agree also that these will be a bigger hit than the other micro cars that Losi has put out , that little bit bigger size makes them a lot more raceable IMO .
Old 08-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
I have already pulled out the stock electronics from my Micro SCT and installed a JR SM22 servo , Spektrum Sr3500 rx , and the Losi 10250Kv brushless combo . Needless too say its a rocket !

I agree also that these will be a bigger hit than the other micro cars that Losi has put out , that little bit bigger size makes them a lot more raceable IMO .
excactly, you can build a reasonable track in your kitchen or basement , or in the driveway and still be scalish, and fun.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like the guys that got it home broke it open and then started to mod it before even running it stock! Sweet.

Now give us some details on the rig. Any heating issues? What are your runtimes? How do the servos feel? Also what about those threaded shocks? Are these rigs too small to put regular Deans plugs on? Probably have to use micro Deans right?

Last edited by el_Fernando; 08-26-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Some pics if you can would be great....
Old 08-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el_Fernando View Post
I like the guys that got it home broke it open and then started to mod it before even running it stock! Sweet.

Now give us some details on the rig. Any heating issues? What are your runtimes? How do the servos feel? Also what about those threaded shocks? Are these rigs too small to put regular Deans plugs on? Probably have to use micro Deans right?
LOL , I did run the shops rally car for one pack before I bought mine

I already had a Losi 10250Kv brushless combo , JR SM22 servo , and Spektrum SR3500 RX . Runtimes are about the same as the Micro DT , heat has not been an issue . The JR SM22 servo is a lot stronger than stock but I had too mod the servo saver from the stock servo too work cause the one for the Micro DT wouldnt work .

Stock with the NiMh battery it was still decent , faster than a stock Micro DT IMO .
Old 08-26-2010, 11:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I've looked at these but the concern is the Antenna. On the Micro T the antenna often got pulled from the PCB after a few tumbles, and this looks like the same unit.

..such a bloody simple thing to reinforce...
Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yep, picked up mine two hours ago and it was already a blast. Definitely wayyyyy better then a micro. I picked the rally version because I'm so tired of looking at SCs. The rally has bigger wheels but has same diameter tires as the SC. Very very cool indeed. I was going to start tearing everything apart and go brushless but I decide to enjoy it a little while before I begin to break the car going brushless. Pictures to follow shortly. Too bad it was 2.4 gigahertz...but at $109 plus tax....I don't think Kyosho can even come close. This scale size 1/24 is going to rip up the living room carpet...fo sho.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Pics from our recent race of the new Losi Micro SCT and Rally

We did a demo of the brand new Losi 1/24 Micro SCT and Micro Rally at the Mancari 9th Annual Mopar Show and Shine. Check out the article and pictures.

I wanted to send a special thanks to Craig Guibas for providing us with his awesome I-lap timing system. Not only did he help us borrow the equipment, he wired up the harness to the PCB of all the vehicles AND helped with setup, race management, and tear down for the day!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I picked mine up yesterday and am generally quite pleased. I think my only real gripe is that the turning radius is quite large and seems mechanically limited to ~1.5feet (radius). Running it around the office involved more 3 point turns that I would expect from a rc this size :|

Either way, I hope to talk some co-workers into buying for some office racing!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdog4w View Post
I picked mine up yesterday and am generally quite pleased. I think my only real gripe is that the turning radius is quite large and seems mechanically limited to ~1.5feet (radius). Running it around the office involved more 3 point turns that I would expect from a rc this size :|

Either way, I hope to talk some co-workers into buying for some office racing!
Hey man there is a thread at MicroTforum.com that addresses this issue. I tghink it had to do with cutting away some plastic from the front knuckles and the turning radius greatly improved.

I'am not lazy! Here is the link:

http://www.microtforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12599
Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I will be checking out that link because that kinda annoyed me as well. I was at the LHS today trying to convince them to open a box to use as a floor model to no avail so I said screw it and bought the rally. I like it quite a bit. Its looks well built and has some nice features for its size. With the stock battery its kinda slow though. I have one of my 2s lipos on the charger now for it, and the LHS has some hyperions on order for it as well that I can charge in about 15 minutes since they can be charged up to 5c.

My second biggest gripe is Losi Micro stock range syndrome. Its ridiculous that you cant get more that 20ft away before you lose signal. Had the same issue with my micro t. Its pretty disappointing. How come they didn't just come out with a BND since Horizon is doing that with all their stuff already. I think my biggest motivation to go brushless is to just get the improved range.

I will give the lipo a shot, and try to do that mod to tighten up the steering.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default First Brushless Micro Rally!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.