Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Front hingepin frustration... >

Front hingepin frustration...

Front hingepin frustration...

Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Default Front hingepin frustration...

Have an Exotek RC18 and running the TBone front bumper but have to run it with the factory front bumper and have been ripping out front pins since using it and did have the old style TBone bumper with the alloy front brace that came with it but it broke so running the new style that you must use with factory bumper.
What is working for you guys as getting frustrating as ruined my nights racing tonight so must get sorted.
would like to keep the TBone front bumper but need something much stronger to retain the hingepins..alloy maybe or a much tougher plastic...I think I may have Ti hingepins on the front to and I know these can and are bending as well and how have others found them and if I did get some sort of alloy brace would these continue to bend and do I need to get the steel AE factory pins ?
Should I scrap this car and get the RC18T2/B2 but are they any stronger in the front?
Thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

just stopping running into things at 30mph. I run my mostly stock rc18t all the time and have no problems with hingepins. also are you running longer than stock arms because that would be more force into the arms and hingepins
Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Last night it was more about getting bashed in the final and driven into the pipes
It happened 3x times in the one night and seemed to happen on the one side and replaced the front bumper once but it still bent and ripped out the pin...think the pin was one of the Ti ones so might track down the std. AE pins and see if thats any better.
running std width arms but was running rpm arms and changed to a harder arm I got from the Toyz and wonder if the rpms were flexing a bit more?
Thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the rpm arms were probably flexing more because they flex alot. You could try an rpm front bumper