R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   Duratrax Vendetta SC Micro Electric Short Course Truck (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/337972-duratrax-vendetta-sc-micro-electric-short-course-truck.html)

ttppll 10-22-2009 10:27 AM

Duratrax Vendetta SC Micro Electric Short Course Truck

1 Attachment(s)
Pic from RC Driver

oXYnary 10-22-2009 10:46 AM

Ha ha! Awesome! I see a new class forming. IF we have a consistent size and tire type between all models? I hope the AE and this one are very close and use the same rim type/offset. Maybe god forbid, they had some communication going on between them about size and such? Or will we be stuck with what we have now with certain trucks having their own standards for wheel or tire size and no consistency. Which has hindered this class from being more accepted, and integration into ROAR.

Anyone remember Andersons web? They might have better pics/information.

Edit: Nothing on Anderson, but they are showing a new off road dirt bike.

http://www.andersonmodel.com/news/detail.php?id=21

JatoTheRipper 10-22-2009 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That looks mini-sized not micro!

The body actually looks really good, but it has a typical low-budget paint job like the rest of the Duratrax vehicles. I hope it's not based off of the Vendetta chassis, but knowing Duratrax it is. That would be boring!

Duratrax, like Anderson (it's sister company?), also has a dirt bike coming out as seen on RC411.com.

fastmax 10-22-2009 12:36 PM

I have my fingers crossed that this will bring about a new class, and yes it would be fantastic to see some consistency between the rigs involved. We def don't need the SC18, and the Detta SC to end up with the same old conflicts in class that we've been dealing with for several years now.

Dieselpower 10-22-2009 01:06 PM

Awesome! Glad I ditched the Slash........:D

Rick Vessell 10-23-2009 07:12 AM

http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd17-...-sc/index.html

Check it out!:nod:

one18thscalerac 10-23-2009 10:35 AM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LNXYL9**&P=G

one18thscalerac 10-23-2009 10:37 AM

anybody compare size and wheel base to slash 1/16 yet?

stockslasher 10-23-2009 10:49 AM

Mini SCT models:

Wheelbase
16th Slash: 206mm
Duratrax SC: 180mm
AE SC18: 160mm

I would guess that the tires are not even close. We'll see what happens. Were minis ever included in the ROAR spec. I don't see anything about 16th/18th classes in thier 2009 rules.

Rick Vessell 10-23-2009 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by stockslasher (Post 6511194)
Mini SCT models:

Wheelbase
16th Slash: 206mm
Duratrax SC: 180mm
AE SC18: 160mm

I would guess that the tires are not even close. We'll see what happens. Were minis ever included in the ROAR spec. I don't see anything about 16th/18th classes in thier 2009 rules.

Just curious where you got those dimensions from? The DTX SC wheelbase is 190mm. I'd be surprised if the SC18 was 160mm also. It looks longer in the photos. I'm fairly sure that the DTX and AE trucks are very close in size and will be a good match on the track.

losifiend 10-23-2009 11:38 AM

Any one know how much you can resale that radio gear for? i'd love to get one but have no use for that radio gear.

JatoTheRipper 10-26-2009 06:55 AM

I'm beyond disappointed!!! It's just another rehased Vendetta. Duratrax is surely trying to beat this platform to death instead of putting any R&D into it.

We still get the same useless plastic CVDs that are guaranteed to break within 5 battery packs. This time we don't even get a battery, although the one that comes with the Vendettas is complete garbage. We do get a different body, different wheels, some plastic bolt on bumpers, a 2.4GHz controller, and a new ESC (that will hopefully last longer than the ST's), but most people chuck the stock electronics anyway.

On top of this it's $20 more than the Rally which I don't get. I guess the extra $20 pays for the bolt on bumpers and the ugly new wheels. For $30 more people can get a brushless 1/16th Slash that includes a nice battery or for $20 less they can get the brushed version.

It looks like the marketing and engineering departments at Duratrax need a shakeup!

At least the DX450 looks like it's going to be cool!

gduits 10-26-2009 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6521305)
I'm beyond disappointed!!! It's just another rehased Vendetta. Duratrax is surely trying to beat this platform to death instead of putting any R&D into it.

We still get the same useless plastic CVDs that are guaranteed to break within 5 battery packs. This time we don't even get a battery, although the one that comes with the Vendettas is complete garbage. We do get a different body, different wheels, some plastic bolt on bumpers, a 2.4GHz controller, and a new ESC (that will hopefully last longer than the ST's), but most people chuck the stock electronics anyway.

On top of this it's $20 more than the Rally which I don't get. I guess the extra $20 pays for the bolt on bumpers and the ugly new wheels. For $30 more people can get a brushless 1/16th Slash that includes a nice battery or for $20 less they can get the brushed version.

It looks like the marketing and engineering departments at Duratrax need a shakeup!

Thank goodness, the VSC is based on the Vendetta platform (it works geat!).... Also, the axles have been upgraded and are now very durable. Very much like the rest of the car. This thing can take a beating!

all4fun 10-26-2009 08:54 AM

Great job Duratrax!! By using an already good race proven Vendetta platform to start with, this should be a fun ride for the SC class racers. :nod: Nice realistic looking body too. This should be a very popular 1/18th scale addition to this already growing class. Duratrax......you get an A+.

Rick Vessell 10-26-2009 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by all4fun (Post 6521721)
Great job Duratrax!! By using an already good race proven Vendetta platform to start with, this should be a fun ride for the SC class racers. :nod: Nice realistic looking body too. This should be a very popular 1/18th scale addition to this already growing class. Duratrax......you get an A+.

Thanks for the thumbs up Dave. I think you'll like it when they get to the shop over there.

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6521305)

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed. Unfortunately, the photos don't let you see everything to show that it's not just a re-hash.

The driveshafts and diff output cups have been revised and are much stronger now.

The chassis is longer to extend the wheelbase for the correct scale look and better handling. It's much smoother driving than the ST or Buggy, especially indoors on carpet. The steering was also revised slightly to correct bump steer and ackerman from the Buggy/ST.

Sorry you don't like the wheels, personal preference I guess. I styled them after wheels used on full scale race trucks.

The ESC is different than the old ESC that came with the ST and Buggy. It's the same one used now in the Rally and works well with the stock motor.

As for the price, well, you do get the new ESC, a 2.4 radio, and yes the body parts, (bumpers, mudflaps, wheels, tires) that make it look scale. I have run it with brushless power during testing also and it drives and jumps better than the previous platforms.

Using the Vendetta platform as a base also means that parts availability and support won't be an issue at the local shop or track. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Once it hits the shops I think everyone will be pleased with the truck and find it's a great new class for 1/18 racing.