Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Kyosho Mini-Z, HPI Micro and other 1/24-1/28 scale RC Cars >

Kyosho Mini-Z, HPI Micro and other 1/24-1/28 scale RC Cars

View Poll Results: You . . .
want to get a Mini or Micro car.
36.23%
own a mini or micro car and like it.
44.93%
own a mini or micro car and want to get rid of it.
15.94%
only own E/T Maxxes, Ofna Pirates and Micro cars.
2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Kyosho Mini-Z, HPI Micro and other 1/24-1/28 scale RC Cars

Old 03-22-2002, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Wink lap timing

Cmotif,
I forgot to mention we plan on getting a Kopro po Arc system which does not require a transpoder. It registers the crystal chanels 1- 6 and 1-12 split freq. 27mhz.

We will have our regular lap timer for 1/18 scale and above soon. (transponder type)
microrcracing.
Old 03-22-2002, 11:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Palm runner

Don't waste your money. They are a toy in my opinion. They are cheap in price but they do not offer proportional steering. - A must for serious racers.
Old 03-22-2002, 11:23 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default I am looking forward to seeing a Mini X

up close and in person. I had never heard of Dinball before. (That is who makes it, right?)

Are the electrics from a Marui set transferable to a Mini X?

That is really cool about the system that would be able to time it.

You know, you might want to put up an ad at Raceway USA next to Clackamas Town om 82nd. They sell mini zs but they don't offer a place to race them.

Good to see you here Microracing21

Cmotif <><
Old 03-22-2002, 11:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Cmotif
Back again.
Dinball does not make the mini x. xpress makes them and we can sell them for same price as Dinball without the high shipping cost. We are located in the great USA. Our mini x 4wd car packages our printed by us as a oem product. We inspect and fix a small flaw in the cars before we ship.

The electrionics from Marui are specific to rc club only, but at 135.00 for a complete mini x 4wd with all electronics, 4 AAA nima 700 batteries and a futaba transmitter how could you go wrong?

I'll maybe contact raceway usa-maybe I could send 1/10 scalers thier way and they could send micro cars my way:
microrcracing
Old 03-22-2002, 11:51 PM

Actually Raceway USA only races Slots. Mostly 1/24 slots. They sell some 1/10 RC cars, but not touring cars.

I really like the touring cars, and I might just have to get my racing fill 1/24th scale instead of 1/10th. I might start another 1/10 club and do some racing if I end up with access to a decent parking lot in the future. The parking lot that I do have access to, I am not really happy with.

I don't know where to send 1/10th racers locally. There is some place to race in Salem, and I understand that there is a place to race in Vancouver. It is at least another month before the one in Vancouver is up and running if I understand correctly.

Later,

Cmotif<><
Old 03-26-2002, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Cmotif, I've heard some very negative reviews about the Mini X. I'd ask for other peoples' opinion just to double check.

Also, anyone have (or can review) the Marui Mini RC cars? I'm thinking of buying a Mini Z, but if it's that much cheaper to get a Marui (And if the Marui is a good car) then I'll consider buying one over the Mini Z.

One problem though. Parts. Mini Z parts are easier to get, right?
Old 03-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default mini x 4wd and marui

Hi dugrant153, you are right we were not completly satisfied with our mini x cars out of the package. After we added the bearings set and adjusted the ball diffs(much too tight new) and removed some area on front a-arm(file) we were very happy with our mini x. We sell all of the cars (mini z, mini x ,marui, etc.) We also had to adjust the ride height (it is adjustable on mini x) It seems that they (manufactuer) put the car togther but did not tune it to save assembly time. We also have a test exaple of each that we rent and do comparison tests with. 4 wheel drive and 7.2 volts can't be beat.

The mini z is ready to go right out of box and has a lot of hop ups available only 2 wheel drive though.

Marui great fast little car, but no hop ups. I have some factory parts and can import directly.
Old 03-27-2002, 06:17 AM

Default Microracing-- Reviews

I'm sure Microracing21, that if you write up a reviews on each of the different mini-s that Futureal would post them in the on-line reviews of the front of www.rctech.net

Hopefully this will add to your business.

You also might edit your profile and add your link to your site to your "signature" which will be automatically be added to your posts.

Cmotif <><
Old 03-27-2002, 09:52 AM

Default Is it possible to get bearings for the Marui cars?

Are they a standard size, that even if Marui doesn't sell a set, that one could buy the seperate bearings and have a bearing set of their own?

Cmotif <><
Old 03-29-2002, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, I just came across some interesting mini cars. They are called.

Bit Char G
and
Digi Q

Anybody have info on these? I know the Bit Char G doesn't have proportional steering or throttle... but it is VERY very cheap.

On the other hand, the Digi Q controls like a real car? err.... help!

I just wanna get a bunch of people together to have fun. The cheaper it is, the more possible it is to get more people in. And these things are quite cheap.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:29 AM

Dug, I have looked at both of those on E-bay and they seem really cheap, nothing like the kinds of cars that you and I already race. Those seems to be much more toys, and have very short run times.

Cmotif <><
Old 03-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Hmm... yeah... that is a big factor.

It IS rather expensive up here, though. I mean, for a Mini Z it's about 250 dollars (Canadian). I'm looking to try to get some kinda deal...

I'll talk to my local hobby shops and see what they offer.

Sooo... go Mini Z then? forget the others?
Old 04-01-2002, 06:38 PM

Default What tires are people running on Carpet?

Also, I want to know if the shorter wheel base roll cars more easily?

I have a WRX and Skyline Mini-zs, and the WRX seems to roll more often in tight corners. Not cool. Any suggestions how to get rid of that? This racing is done on carpet.

Cmotif <><
Old 04-02-2002, 05:48 PM

Default Did a little bit of racing today!

Not only did a take my Mini-z to my class today and race some friends at break, I also went to http://microrcracing.com and got to run my cars on their track. Very cool track that they have there.

Met Troy, "Microracing21", and he is a very likeable guy. Got to try a Mini-z F1, Express Mini X and HPI Micro.

The Micro was very much like our 1/10 scale touring cars. I didn't find the Mini-Z F1 as fun as I thought that it would be. It is bigger than expected, and really twitchey, especially under braking.

The Mini X was a pretty fun little car. Fortunately it is possible to put ABC DTM bodies on them, to give you more options. It seems like there is a lot of ways to hop up those cars.

Had a blast with my Mini-z cars. They are very run to race at the track there.

Cmotif <><
Old 04-03-2002, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Cmotif,

can you tell me where your Mini Zs were made? (Check the bottom of the chassis, I believe).

I'm thinking of buying some... but I heard they whole production line has been moved to China, meaning that the quality may have dropped substantially.
Also, what kinda batts you using for the Z?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.