Wiki Posts
Search

East Coast Championships 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To all,

I am sorry this took so long but I now have a link to an ftp site with a bunch of pictures form the ECC!

http://www.teampsychocells.com/photos/photos.asp

I again want to thank everyone involved in making the East Coast Championships a big success. From Stevo who fronted the money to have championship level jumps built, to Aaron Wilson who did most of the building of the jumps, to Mimi for hosting the event, and Victor calling it, to the sponsors who provided giveaways and money for all the free food, and to all the racers, with your combined efforts the 2009 East Coast Championships was the biggest ECC in several years!

I am looking forward to next year. I am pushing to return the event to its original October timeframe. Once I can work out the date with Mimi, I will begin the process of promoting next years event to be even bigger yet!

Thank You,
Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Team Psycho Cells
Old 02-28-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

East coast guys.... If you are not running the off-road race at Madness, gear up for the Mini Great Lakes Challenge in Toledo! It was a great time last year. The date sucks ( I wanted to make the off-road thing, but this is much closer to me and I prefer on-road, by a small margin). Anyhow, it would be great to have some of you guys join us. There will be some great competition in all classes.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Some of the above post refered to an imagined conflict between the Mini GLC and the Off-road Nats at Madness! Originally there was a conflict, but things got sorted out... Anyhow, hope some of you guys can make it to Toledo!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by duneland
East coast guys.... If you are not running the off-road race at Madness, gear up for the Mini Great Lakes Challenge in Toledo! It was a great time last year. The date sucks ( I wanted to make the off-road thing, but this is much closer to me and I prefer on-road, by a small margin). Anyhow, it would be great to have some of you guys join us. There will be some great competition in all classes.
Well, I sure wish I could make it, as I am more of an On Road guy and really enjoy micro On Road. Which is why I came on board as the promoter of the ECC, since its format consisted of both Micro Off Road and On Road. Unfortunately my busy schedule and the old ball and chain limit my traveling to just a couple events per year. I do wish you all the best, I have heard good things about the facility and the people out there and would encourage anyone who can make this event to go out and have a great time.

Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Old 03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Tim, sorry you can't make it! Maybe next year.. There is a good chance that next years Mini GLC will includ off-road as well as on-road! I hope so, I love both. Except for the 'real' off-road, you know, with low traction and dirt all over everything.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by duneland
Tim, sorry you can't make it! Maybe next year.. There is a good chance that next years Mini GLC will includ off-road as well as on-road! I hope so, I love both. Except for the 'real' off-road, you know, with low traction and dirt all over everything.
With the ECC hopefully moving back to its normal October date later this year my race schedule may be spread out enough to make it next year. Time will tell. Adding a Stadium event would be cool. Would you have enough time to squeeze it into the schedule with running both the On Road and Oval events you already run?

Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Old 03-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I would like to go to the Micro ECC this year. Will be on the look out for more info. Need more micro races on the east coast.

Last edited by phathedrc18t; 03-29-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by phathedrc18t
I would like to go to the Micro ECC this year. Will be on the look out for more info. Need more micro races on the east coast.
Absolutely, I agree. I think the decline the last couple of years is mostly due to the poor economy. I do however believe that next year will be a much better year for micro racing. The plan as of right now is to move the ECC back to its original October date. An October date keeps the event away from the Christmas holiday and the On Road Nats. I just spoke with Chris at Madness and the plan is to also move the On Road Nats back to its December date. The biggest issue we will run into with moving back to the October date will be convincing Mimi to put the carpet back down that early in the season. She has asphalt under the carpet and runs the asphalt track during the spring, summer, and early fall. Mimi has been extremely busy with the Roar Carpet Nations that were held this past weekend, so I have been waiting until everything settles down from that event before working on a solid date for the ECC. Once that happens, I will get the date announced so that people can get it marked on their calendars.

Thank You,
Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Old 04-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Psycho Man
Absolutely, I agree. I think the decline the last couple of years is mostly due to the poor economy. I do however believe that next year will be a much better year for micro racing. The plan as of right now is to move the ECC back to its original October date. An October date keeps the event away from the Christmas holiday and the On Road Nats. I just spoke with Chris at Madness and the plan is to also move the On Road Nats back to its December date. The biggest issue we will run into with moving back to the October date will be convincing Mimi to put the carpet back down that early in the season. She has asphalt under the carpet and runs the asphalt track during the spring, summer, and early fall. Mimi has been extremely busy with the Roar Carpet Nations that were held this past weekend, so I have been waiting until everything settles down from that event before working on a solid date for the ECC. Once that happens, I will get the date announced so that people can get it marked on their calendars.

Thank You,
Tim "Psycho Man" Haskins
Sweet I am looking forward to racing with you guys this year. See you there.