Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 ALS Charity Race @ NCRC Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Okay, now we have 3 MiniZ STK drivers.

Where are all you guys running 1/18th scale? I know there is no incentivie to register early this year without t-shirts but if you can get in registrations early then we can better plan for the free food.

Thx,
Russ
Old 09-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ncrcracing

Where are all you guys running 1/18th scale? I know there is no incentivie to register early this year without t-shirts but if you can get in registrations early then we can better plan for the free food.

Thx,
Russ
I will be handing you mine on saturday during the charity race Hope to see ya then
Old 09-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thx,
Russ
Russ,

I sure would like to pre register, but with my extremely busy schedule, I will probably need to make my decision the week of the event. Believe me; I know as a promoter it's frustrating when you don't have allot of pre entries. As far as I can see right now my schedule is clear for that day, but it changes all the time with the business, family, hobbies, and I'm back in school furthering my education. I sure hope I can make it.

Psycho Man
Old 09-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Im hoping to get a group of Jerzey boys to come down to the event....
working out our schedules now....
Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Psycho Man
Russ,

I sure would like to pre register, but with my extremely busy schedule, I will probably need to make my decision the week of the event. Believe me; I know as a promoter it's frustrating when you don't have allot of pre entries. As far as I can see right now my schedule is clear for that day, but it changes all the time with the business, family, hobbies, and I'm back in school furthering my education. I sure hope I can make it.

Psycho Man
Psycho,

Completely understand. I just want to send out polite reminders in case people forgot. I am planning food for 60 people and if we get more then the argument is clear - more should have pre-registered.

We'll see you then.

Russ
Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
Im hoping to get a group of Jerzey boys to come down to the event....
working out our schedules now....
Looking forward to seeing you again. We missed you last year.

If you are finding a hotel I would stick to Arundel Mills Mall hotels and steer clear of the Royal Inn near Ft. Meade. You boys from NJ are tough but I want you to make it to the event and not get caught in drug dealer crossfire.

Russ
Old 09-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

It is clear that most people are now running 70T, and this debate is not new.

So, as a late game change I will say that the 70T motor (with any PCB) is the spec for stock. I will update the reg form and website but please spread the word.

70T for MiniZ stock.

If you don't have a 70T then maybe we can work something out during the race. It is all about the fun and charity so I don't want to worry too much about the rules. Besides, it will be obvious if someone has a sleeper in the STK class.

Thanks everyone for your support and patience.

Russ
Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Another little prize came in. An autographed bobble head of David Despain. PLEASE someone tell me that you know who he is. I asked around some people here and sadly they did not know who he is. A cool little item.

A plus side is that some of them know of the STIG.

Another plus, the autographed Michael Schumacher print is HUGE. I think is is 47"x32"
Old 09-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Another little prize came in. An autographed bobble head of David Despain. PLEASE someone tell me that you know who he is. I asked around some people here and sadly they did not know who he is. A cool little item.

A plus side is that some of them know of the STIG.

Another plus, the autographed Michael Schumacher print is HUGE. I think is is 47"x32"
The host of Wind Tunnel? Of course I know him
Old 09-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
The host of Wind Tunnel? Of course I know him
THANK YOU. I was getting a littled worried about some guys around here.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Some of you may be wanting more detials for the event. Here is a quick installment with more to follow:

The event is handicap accessible.

Tables and chairs will be provided along with power. However, please bring a pit towel.

The hotels I suggest are in the order of cost and location:
  • Courtyard by Marriott Fort Meade at National Business Park (good location and cost)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills/Baltimore (good location and cost)
  • Aloft Arundel Mills (good location and cost)
  • Element Arundel Mills (good location but costs more)
  • Microtel Inn & Suites BWI Airport (cheaper but not as close)

If for some strange reason all of these are booked or too expensive you can find your brand of choice at the BWI Airport. Most of those will still be affordable and at a managable distance to the race.

Thanks,
Russ
Old 09-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

The race is just around the corner but to keep you motivated to come here is a list of this year’s ALS Charity Race Premium prizes:

-Autographed mini-helmet from Mario Andretti
-Autographed 1/18 scale diecast model (of the car) from Danica Patrick
-Autographed 8x10 print from Mark Martin
-Autographed hockey puck from Nicklas Backstrom
-Autographed mini-helmet from Demetrius Williams (Ravens)
-Autographed limited edition 28x36” print from Michael Schumacher/Keith Murray (artist)
-Autographed print from Nelson Piquet/Andrew Kitson (artist)
-Autographed limited edition print from Lewis Hamilton/Andrew Kitson (artist)
-Kyosho TF-5 1/10th sedan RTR
-Kyosho MiniZ Boat RTR
-Grab Bag – Comprised of multiple prizes to select from (autographed and RC related)

Many more are coming in and totaling more than $3000 worth in prizes!!

This year there is a twist. This year you can choose which prize you want to try and win. We will put your ticket in a bucket for the item of your choice, potentially increasing your odds of winning the item!

Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. As before 100% goes to the ALS Association, helping the people and their families living with the diagnosis and supporting research to find a
cure.

If you are a pre-registered driver you already have one Premium prize ticket to play!!

Will be available at the event. Pay by cash or check; make checks out to ALS Association.

Aside from this there is a great list of Driver's Only prizes that each driver will be entered in to win. I want to have everyone walk away with something, it might not be a RTR but at least you should get a keychain.

Thank you and Good Luck!!

-Russ
Old 09-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Russ, Is there anymore talk about maybe a winter points series? I know that I have a few people that are interested now. Thanks Mike Keely
Old 09-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

EVERYONE,

Back from the dark shadows of the global economy a light emerges...

Just a quick note that we are begining the planning for this year's event. I know the economy will be turned around by October so I expect the usual list of insane prizes (some have already arrived like the gearshift trophies).

Venue may change but track will remain huge (unless you are a weak 1/18th scale driver).

MiniZ remains strong but I know with RaceHaus closing that the MRL (1/18th) may have hit a bump in the road. However with Mimi's and Frederick I hope that we will continue to get a great turnout for all classes.

More detials to follow soon.

-Russ

the zs do kic ass.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thercpro
the zs do kic ass.
More M18s are coming from NJ and the Carolina's so they are increasing their odds of winning the mystery surprise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.