Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Mini LST2 1/18th

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mini LST Single Servo Plate

Starting work on a Single servo plate.
Here is a mock drawing, I want it to be a part of the top plate right above the front diffs.

Any input on why this might work or not work will help.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are you making the part to save wieght? i like haveing the power of 2 servos
Old 03-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mikme-63
Are you making the part to save wieght? i like haveing the power of 2 servos
Nope, Im doing it because one servo will be better as far a s sterring slop and people are always breaking the little servos. I alsways thought the one big 1:10th servo was stronger then the two mini servos....

OH...jsut to clarify Im putting one 1:10 size single servo.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default Single servo plate update

Just an update:
I'm getting a MLST top chassis plate today to cut the front part off. I just got the Servo Mount Plate yesterday and I can see some modifications I have to make.
Because the front of the chassis is going to be cut off the connection to the front secton and the chassis will be weekend (two screws that hold the front end to the chassis will be cut off) so I think I need to extend the plate on the sides so it can be screwed down maybe using the gear cover holes. This will take the place of the connection that was cut off.

There is barely enough room for the servo saver I cant tell for sure till I actually cut chassis and put the servo on to see if it fits. I will also need to move the servo a tad back not to much or I'll hit the slipper.

Are there any ideas on a clean easy steering connection to the servosaver
Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

I was looking at the Kimbrough Servo Saver Any one know the diffrence between small Medium and large?
Is the whole servosaver that is smaller or just the whole that attaches to the servo. And will anysize fit a standard size 1:10 scale servo?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Looks like a good job,how about some pics?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ghiro
Looks like a good job,how about some pics?
Sure thing..
Ok here is what I got so far.

The Single Servo Plate still needs to be modified a little and cleaned up. I still needed to cut the chassis but the plate is made to work with the current screw holes in the chassis. Less moding the better. Now I need to get the steering working.

Here are some pics

Here is a link to More pics--> Single Servo Plate
Old 03-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

hey man, if you can come up with a gear cover for those of us running 60t mini-t slipper and a pinion that wont fit under the stock cover, and will keep the rocks and such out, i will pay you good money for it!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by subieyacht
hey man, if you can come up with a gear cover for those of us running 60t mini-t slipper and a pinion that wont fit under the stock cover, and will keep the rocks and such out, i will pay you good money for it!

What I did was use sand papper and sanded down the areas where the gears touch the slipper. And if you need to raise the gear cover up a little put washers under the gear cover where you screw that two sides in... Let me know if that helps... or not..
Old 03-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Rookie

well i spaced it up with washers. but im running a 25t on the motor, and it rubs on the side of the cover. so i cut the side out and i hacked up the cover they give you with the mini t slipper to extend it out a bit, but there is still space for rocks to get in. im lookin for something that is damn near dust proof. im going to try and come up with some thing today
Old 03-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

I ended up tapeing up any spaces when I run in rocks and such. But it's not very clean looking... those little rocks and such is a pain in the spur gear lol.. would love to see pics of your mod if you can get em..
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Rookie

well what i ended up doing today was using some clear silicone to make almost like a gasket around the edge of everything, and then fastening a peice of aluminum to where the second motor would have gone. ill get some pics when i get a free second
Old 03-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

good idea but what happens when you remove the cover?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Just an Update:
The plate has been modified yet again.. lol
I realized that depending on how you want to do this mod
you need to be able to put the servo as far forward or near to the Center Diff as possible.
hopefully the new plate design will accommodate the different ways a person can do this mod.
Will post pics soon..
Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by makakoa808
good idea but what happens when you remove the cover?
what i did was layed down a thin bead around the edges of the cover with it off the truck and let it dry over night, so now it comes off with the cover and dosent stick to the motor mount or top plate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.