Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
16th erevo/slash May14th >

16th erevo/slash May14th

16th erevo/slash May14th

Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

The servo I use is hitec hs-85mg with an aluminum 3/4 inch servo arm. Set your end points on the stock servo it should last a while. Black and tan shock springs, rpm a-arms, aluminum turnbuckles so you get some adjustments to play with, then steel hallowed balls. A center diff helps but is not a must have. Some stuff I picked up down the road. These things are a beast, have fun man!

I almost forgot, the bulkheads don't keep dirt out of the diffs so I put a really small bead of permatex ultra blue silicone on the edges when they're apart, that seals them up good and doesn't make it a PITA to separate.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OmegaBelly View Post
The servo I use is hitec hs-85mg with an aluminum 3/4 inch servo arm. Set your end points on the stock servo it should last a while. Black and tan shock springs, rpm a-arms, aluminum turnbuckles so you get some adjustments to play with, then steel hallowed balls. A center diff helps but is not a must have. Some stuff I picked up down the road. These things are a beast, have fun man!

I almost forgot, the bulkheads don't keep dirt out of the diffs so I put a really small bead of permatex ultra blue silicone on the edges when they're apart, that seals them up good and doesn't make it a PITA to separate.
hey thanks for the tips. much appreciated
Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

The suggestions above are good. I've upgraded my a arms, carriers and front bumper to RPM. The shocks where ran with the tan/black, but still too soft IMO. Black up front and 1/16 Summit blue springs(stock /16 Summit springs) in the rear. But the stockers are still junk. Check thetoyz.com for alum. GPM shocks. There a bit over $30 after shipping. Cant beat em for there price! STEEL BALLS ARE A GREAT $7 SPENT! Bearings in the suspention rockers will give you much better and softer handling.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RCaddict0 View Post
The suggestions above are good. I've upgraded my a arms, carriers and front bumper to RPM. The shocks where ran with the tan/black, but still too soft IMO. Black up front and 1/16 Summit blue springs(stock /16 Summit springs) in the rear. But the stockers are still junk. Check thetoyz.com for alum. GPM shocks. There a bit over $30 after shipping. Cant beat em for there price! STEEL BALLS ARE A GREAT $7 SPENT! Bearings in the suspention rockers will give you much better and softer handling.
I didn't think about bearings for the rockers, I'm gonna get some. As far as the diffs go, I've never had an issue with them other than dirt getting in. I also cut the center shaft cover in the rear so dirt falls out instead of cutting the drive shaft. Still experimenting with different oil weights though.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0 View Post
can you provide a link of these steel balls you are referring too? i know of everything else and rpm is definitely in the future.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

is there a setup sheet for these trucks....does the black springs go up front? what is the oil in the diff. is it black grease? sorry only built large t maxx and 8 scale.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

dont know if anybody has done this yet but i got bored. i though the esc and rx were mounted way to high so i moved them on my truck. im never going to use any battery other than 2s lipos so i just moved the esc and rx to one of the battery bays. in total i got rid of 22 grams of weight just by takeing off all the plastic i did. i cut the rx box so i could just get the antenna mount off it and left that in the stock place and since im useing the stock radio for now the wire is long enough to reach the mount with no problems.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 546 (100%+)

Picked up a Mini Revo for some fun track use and this thread is still pretty useful.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been so focused on my 1/8 buggy build that I've been neglecting my merv. Just got it out and forgot how quick that little thing was. That was just on 2S and I sometimes run it on 3s. It's a little animal!

Not very track worthy though. First time on the track, I broke a front body/bumper mount and rocker. Something must have tweaked because the new mount will not come down enough to capture the hinge pins. Not sure what happened because everything else "looks" fine. Also, one of the rear driveshafts is now rubbing on the aluminum push rod. Ah, oh well. Still fast on pavement. Just NOT a durable car like everyone seems to claim. Not on the track anyway!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 546 (100%+)

A lap on my friends private track. My mini Revo is set up for track use, has an outrunner motor and lowered electronics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkoqYXyf-70
Old 03-31-2018, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

anyone make a better front or rear diff? running 10th scale brushless esc and motor