R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   Vendetta Shocks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/281784-vendetta-shocks.html)

mach51 03-10-2009 09:53 AM

Vendetta Shocks

Ok, I am ok working on bigger stuff but a set of shocks for my Vendetta ST kicked my butt last night. With carpal tunnel and hands of stone, those stupid little springs that hold the orings in the end beat me and Im man enough to say it. Big shocks use the same idea but its an actual round spring that you can twist...what is the key to these hexagon crap things????

And here is the other issue...I had both of them "launch" on me while trying to install and I cant find them...can I buy just the springs or is there a better fix???

Also, are there other brands of shocks that fit and work better?

This is for the truggy not the buggy. thanks.

jaejw1 03-10-2009 10:06 AM

istall everything inside a large ziplock bag...

and no you cant buy the spring seperately.. but you might be able to get them directly from duratrax.. just give them a call..

others have fitted the half 8th shocks on the vendetta.. with a lil modding.. but i just say work with what you have..

Lightin' 03-10-2009 10:08 AM

Been there, fought that.
Some guys use Mini-T aluminum oil shocks to get around your misadventure.
They now make some threaded-body aluminum for the Latemodel that are pretty trick.

jaejw1 03-10-2009 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mach51 (Post 5534165)

This is for the truggy not the buggy. thanks.

what are your plans with your truggy.. race (dirt/carpet) or bash

mach51 03-10-2009 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by jaejw1 (Post 5534261)
what are your plans with your truggy.. race (dirt/carpet) or bash

Race.

Right now that involves a carpet track.

jaejw1 03-10-2009 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by mach51 (Post 5534284)
Race.

Right now that involves a carpet track.

then if the losi shocks will fit,, then give them a try...

but me personally i would stick with the vendetta shocks.. but thats just me...

Noff 03-10-2009 11:09 AM

Mach,

Like someone said above, install e-clips and c-clips in a plastic bag whenever possible. My method for installing them is to get one 'corner' seated, hold a finger over the clip to keep is from moving too much, and use a pair of very small needle nose pliers to compress the clip and get it seated. Hard to describe ...

You also have a PM.

Noff

Duster_360 03-10-2009 01:34 PM

I start the "short leg" of the hex thing and once its in the groove, never let it go. I work it with a small flatblade and push opposite side till it compresses enough to push the rest of it down into the groove. These hex c clips are in the shock rebuild kits.

duneland 03-10-2009 02:23 PM

Don't resort to other brand shocks! These are GREAT shocks. I install the clip by mashing down with my thumb while pushing in the direction of the edge that was started in the groove. If you loose one (or more) you can substitue wrist pin clips for a nitro engine. Most have a fairly 'sharp' bend at one end. you may have to straighten that out a bit to keep it from scraping on the shaft. Works great (easier than the stock clip). OFNA 51514 is a good choice. You get 9 or 10 for $7.95.

Dieselpower 03-10-2009 08:20 PM

I leave my shafts and/or e-clips on a neodymium magnet the night before I fight with em (works great for rebuilding 18t diffs as well). Then I build em, in a bag, over a really big white, white beach towel......with goggles on.:D

ddd228 03-18-2009 12:30 AM

Damn E clips!

Originally Posted by Dieselpower (Post 5536609)
I leave my shafts and/or e-clips on a neodymium magnet the night before I fight with em (works great for rebuilding 18t diffs as well). Then I build em, in a bag, over a really big white, white beach towel......with goggles on.:D

LMAO,dude! Goggles,indeed.Toothpicks and a dental pick small flat blade and a bit of patience.My hemostats are a little magnetic,dammit.Be aware that there is a flat side and a smooth side to e clips,guys.

mach51 03-19-2009 12:45 PM

Just want to follow up that I received GREAT customer service from Noff and Customer Support at Duratrax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noff 03-23-2009 01:46 PM

Many thanks for the kind words. Did you get those shocks built and installed?

mach51 03-23-2009 02:09 PM

Unfortunately no, havent touched the truck. been busy with a 4 month old son and last week my wife suprised me by telling me we have another on the way :nod:

ddd228 03-24-2009 01:41 AM

4,,,,.Comp problems... Cancel reply.Cannot see what i type.