Wiki Posts
Search

want to compete with mini-z

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default want to compete with mini-z

hey guys just found this forum, been using it for months and never saw the mini thread. i teach after school classes and a camp with mini-z's for somebody. i want something to compete with a highly moded mini-z. i like the mini-z's but i want to use my DX3R and maybe brushless.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Their 2.4 uses its own system.
Only can be used with a 2.4 Module for M8/M11 Helios/UR Futaba
they have like 3 different modules.
Or the 2.4 MiniZ Tranmsitter.

And then there is a AM module, Now AM MiniZ can be controller by any reg AM transmitter.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

i know all about the module for the radios and i know about the AFS systems it is used in all of the cars, but i have a DX3R and want to use it and i want brushless for less maintenence, i have to work on 24 cars and then mine so i want to keep the wrenching down, i would like to build a kit, i have no problem working on cars, but would like to keep some of the maitnence down
Old 02-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheelie boy
i know all about the module for the radios and i know about the AFS systems it is used in all of the cars, but i have a DX3R and want to use it and i want brushless for less maintenence, i have to work on 24 cars and then mine so i want to keep the wrenching down, i would like to build a kit, i have no problem working on cars, but would like to keep some of the maitnence down
stock brushed motors last a long time in a mini z...
the most maintenance will be changing batteries in both the cars and the TXs....

If you really want to use bl and your spektrum you just need the time and $$$ to figure out how to retrofit everything.....Im not saying it cant be done but it will not be cost effective....Your best bet would be asf and some hop ups on the cars....then pick some of the durable bodies and get lots of batteries and a few chargers...
Old 02-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

i would rather just get a new car, this would also allow me to expand the clubs/classes to more than mini-z's. would the rc18t with foam tires and wing do allright on an rcp track. i really want to build a kit. i know it is 18th scale, but we have more than 20 rcp tracks so when we make a track it is usually huge. i know how long the motors last, this will be my car, i plan on spending $$$ and doing more than needed
Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i would rather just get a new car, this would also allow me to expand the clubs/classes to more than mini-z's. would the rc18t with foam tires and wing do allright on an rcp track. i really want to build a kit. i know it is 18th scale, but we have more than 20 rcp tracks so when we make a track it is usually huge. i know how long the motors last, this will be my car, i plan on spending $$$ and doing more than needed
The rc18t is an open wheeled truck. Open wheeled trucks will climb over rcp borders real easy.... You might want to consider the x ray m18 touring car or a buds or a scalpel....
As long as you make the layout 3 tiles wide or bigger 1/18 scale will work no problems...
Old 02-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

At the same scale as the Mini-Z, you can also get yourself a Greyscale MRCG, specially designed for modular electronics. Build it up with standard Mini-Z hop-ups, then add a Spektrum 3500 micro receiver, an Xray XMC180 and a Futaba S3154 digital servo and you'll be whipping the Mini-Z's in no time.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

i would like to stay away from the F1 series because they are not too durable, i do run the track 3 tiles wide always,
Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

also do u have the xray m18, if so do u like it. it looks like a nice car. i forgot to say i have a micro-t and a micro-dt. would it be worth doing the MBG2 buggy conversion for the micro-t.

thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

also do u have the xray m18, if so do u like it. it looks like a nice car. i forgot to say i have a micro-t and a micro-dt. would it be worth doing the MBG2 buggy conversion for the micro-t.

thanks
The buggy conversion is nice for sure. But from the sounds of it you really want a brushless 1/24-1/27 car.For that look into the greyscale car, the TGR sinister,or the new serpent 1/24 scale car.Your best bet for going brushless is going to be the new serpent car just because the rear pod is a little wider for the needed room for a BL motor.Plus the serpent is set-up to take li-po cells for a power source, so you would never be lacking in the power dept.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
The buggy conversion is nice for sure. But from the sounds of it you really want a brushless 1/24-1/27 car.For that look into the greyscale car, the TGR sinister,or the new serpent 1/24 scale car.Your best bet for going brushless is going to be the new serpent car just because the rear pod is a little wider for the needed room for a BL motor.Plus the serpent is set-up to take li-po cells for a power source, so you would never be lacking in the power dept.
this is exactly what i am looking for, thankyou so much just have to find a serpent, what set-up would u suggest for it
Old 02-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The serpent is 1/24th. You want the Greyscale (which IMO has more cool features anyways) which is the correct scale and can fit mini-z bodies.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

this is exactly what i am looking for, thankyou so much just have to find a serpent, what set-up would u suggest for it
I will say that OXYnary is right,if you want to keep running the hard plastic mini-z bodies then the Greyscale or the TGR sinister is the way to go for sure.
BUT, If you dont mind running lexan shells the serpent is going to be your best bet to EASILLY get a BL system in..I fit a losi 1/36 system in my sinister ,BUT I also have a small mill set-up in my workshop which was definitely neeed to fit the BL in the rear pod. I actually am waiting on a price for the serpent car just due to the fact that it looks like it would be much more BL freindly.Plus li-po power is always a plus.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

i havent had much luck with any f1 cars, i dont mind lexan bodies. i race 1/8 offroad and those bodies get more abuse than the smaller scale cars
Old 02-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

also back to the rc18 i usually make the track big so going over the wall wouldn't be a problem. would u suggest the rc18b ot t. also if so would u use foams on an rcp track. i just so one today and really liked it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.