Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Alien Power Raptor 18TC teaser >

Alien Power Raptor 18TC teaser

Alien Power Raptor 18TC teaser

Old 02-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

it looks like they (alienpower or whoever) made a nice effort on the MRT18, but still lots of room for improvement. I'm not really impressed by what the pics show so far...but hopefully that is just due to the angle of the camera or the monsterous springs and tires that are on it. It also looks like they're using torx screws on it. If thats the case, I hope it comes with the proper tools to build and maintain the car.

Also, the edges of that carbon fiber look more like fiberglass to me. Maybe it's just a very cheap grade of CF.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've asked the place that makes it to send me some more pictures to see if it does look anything different then the ones I posted. They also sent me a price which is higher then what they have posted on the auction site. I'll post the pics when and if I get them.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys,

right, we bought the Platform for the Alienpower TC from China, but the car is factory build in Germany so qualtity is much better then from China

We will maka a press release the next hours on Red RC.

Also we work on a factory edition with many special you will be surprised.

We have allready a Distributor for North America:

skyrocketbatteries.com

For any questions to the car send me or Tony an email.

My email adress is [email protected]

Thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy

Also, the edges of that carbon fiber look more like fiberglass to me. Maybe it's just a very cheap grade of CF.
looks to be the same CF/fiberglass/CF laminate that was being used on the cheap 1/10 xray knockoffs from china.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
looks to be the same CF/fiberglass/CF laminate that was being used on the cheap 1/10 xray knockoffs from china.
Yea, I remember those cars and you're exactly right. Looks like its the same material.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looks like an M18pro converted to belt.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alienpower
Hi Guys,

right, we bought the Platform for the Alienpower TC from China, but the car is factory build in Germany so qualtity is much better then from China

We will maka a press release the next hours on Red RC.

Also we work on a factory edition with many special you will be surprised.

We have allready a Distributor for North America:

skyrocketbatteries.com

For any questions to the car send me or Tony an email.

My email adress is [email protected]

Thanks
We'll be releasing information on the car and pricing as soon as we get it.

You can sign up for an account at the website (http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com) and as soon as the kit is in stock you'll get an email. Dealer inquiries invited and encouraged.

We've been looking for competition for the Xray M18 with similar dimensions to add some variety to the class, and here it is!

You can email me at [email protected]. This kit is still a few weeks out so bear with me as I get time lines and prices together for the various versions we will be carrying.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
We'll be releasing information on the car and pricing as soon as we get it.

You can sign up for an account at the website (http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com) and as soon as the kit is in stock you'll get an email. Dealer inquiries invited and encouraged.

We've been looking for competition for the Xray M18 with similar dimensions to add some variety to the class, and here it is!

You can email me at [email protected]. This kit is still a few weeks out so bear with me as I get time lines and prices together for the various versions we will be carrying.
Cant wait to the release date!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Same for me, cant wait to get my hands on this one to see =)
Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

O.k. all here are some high resolution photos of the Raptor. Release date and retail price are TBD but I can assure you everyone is working hard to bring this car to your hands as quickly as possible.

If you want to get even higher resolution images go to: http://www.skyrocketracing.com/gallery/v/Raptor/

I'd also like to take a moment to share my outlook on this car and Micro Racing in general, some will agree others wont, however I think it important to share it so we can address some of the concerns already voiced in this thread. Please keep in mind that while I am the distributor of this car I also race 1/10 sedans (gas and electric) and micros (Scalpel, Recoil, M18 and soon to be Tek18X) along with my sons and wife.

First up, the car:
We are introducing a competitive platform that is dimensionally similar to the Xray allowing for something a little different when choosing a kit to race in the Micro class (MRL). While the jury may be out on what people think of the materials and the build quality, I'd ask that you wait to get a first hand look and feel of the car before you make that judgment. I have a high standard for quality at Skyrocket and the folks at Alien Power have the same mindset, we also have brand reputations to uphold and as their first foray into the US market and my first foray into distributorship both our companies will be judged by the quality of this kit. We will do our best not to let you all down.

Second the Options:
There are very few cars on the market today that don't have at least one company making a part to improve it. I am by no means saying that the Raptor MUST be hopped up to win but people like to customize their cars. If anything judging bay the fact that all of the Podium finishers at the On Road Nats ran Exotek chassis people are going to hop it up anyway. That, in my opinion, is what makes this hobby so much fun is the fact that I can tinker, I can be different from you even though we run the same car in the same class. As you can see from of the photos there will be some parts compatibility w/ the M18 which makes for a rich aftermarket from GPM, Atomik, Exotek and others, I'm sure you will see Raptor specific hop-ups in the very near future as well. Let the belt vs. shaft wars rage !

Third the class (or lack there of):
Some have pointed out that in 1/10 or 1/12 racing the kits share the same dimensions adhering to strict specifications, and that in micros we don't have manufacturers adhering to specifications. Actually we don't have any broadly accepted specifications to speak of. I'd like to offer the MRL as the basis for us to begin to refine our specifications. We now have 2 cars based on the same dimensions lets approach our race coordinators and share with them the MRL rules and see what we can accomplish together on that front helping the class to grow and standardize hopefully rivaling larger scales in turnout at local and regional events.

Lastly, I'd like to ask all to think before they type and not let differences in opinion get out of hand, be respectful of others efforts and thoughts, however if you don't agree don't feel obligated to not share just do it respectfully. I'm interested in hearing any opinion even (and especially) if it is counter to my own.

</soapbox>
Old 03-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Photos looks basically the same as the ones I posted and the only different thing I see is the carbon fiber piece to hold the battery.
Attached Thumbnails Alien Power Raptor 18TC teaser-mrt18.jpg  
Old 03-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

ok well all i can say is I WANT ONE NOW! HOW MUCH IS IT!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomElEctric!
ok well all i can say is I WANT ONE NOW! HOW MUCH IS IT!
you can say that again!!!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

bring it on!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

If I was you guys, I would sell the kit with the aluminum motor mount instead of the plastic one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.