Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M18 Special Graphite Edition questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

My steering rack hits the chassis unless I crank down the droop screw. Can I just dremel some away? Kinda stupid mistake in design. I am goijng to work with what I have until I feel like I have reached the limit of the chassis.

I would probably run brushed if I already had an esc. But since I have to buy both an esc and motor I may as well get brushless. Dunno still mulling it over. Been spending time getting my buggy setup for the presidential trophy race at leisure hours in 2 weeks.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
My steering rack hits the chassis unless I crank down the droop screw. Can I just dremel some away? Kinda stupid mistake in design. I am goijng to work with what I have until I feel like I have reached the limit of the chassis.

I would probably run brushed if I already had an esc. But since I have to buy both an esc and motor I may as well get brushless. Dunno still mulling it over. Been spending time getting my buggy setup for the presidential trophy race at leisure hours in 2 weeks.
Yeah every stock chassis did that.
DROVE me nutts !!! LOL i had 3 M18 and it drove me nutts Stock Pro and Frankenstein All of them had that issue. you had to lower the front with droop to have it freed. Settled with the R3. But that Penguin chassis looks very appealing.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iPearl
Yeah every stock chassis did that.
DROVE me nutts !!! LOL i had 3 M18 and it drove me nutts Stock Pro and Frankenstein All of them had that issue. you had to lower the front with droop to have it freed. Settled with the R3. But that Penguin chassis looks very appealing.
The penguin chassis is a very poor design. It flexes a lot, and the motor mounts pop out very easily, the only thing that holds them in is the pressure between the chassis plates.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iPearl
It only changes the speed if the ESC Dumps diff voltage to the motor.
Some can some cant and more for the motor can be bad if the motor cant handle it.

We are not connecting Battery to Motor. There is a ESC in between.
What?

Which ESC by design won't let you feed the extra voltage the sixth battery adds? If an ESC cannot supply it I don't think they'll last long on the market...
Old 02-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

is the exotek motor mount any better then the Xray motor mount for 300 size motors
Old 02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, for everyone I have seen post questions about LiPo cells, I thought I would try and shed some extra light on the subject. Most LiPo cells are listed as being for example: 1300mah at a 30C rating. Although this is a good start to determine the performance of the pack, it is still NOT the final answer. Just like in all batteries, LiPo cells also have Internal Resistance. You can have two identical LiPo packs as far as MAH and "C" rating, however a big difference in their internal resistance. If your intent is to just bash around or you are not a serious racer than you will probably do fine with the low end LiPo packs. However, if you are looking for high performance, than I would recommend getting a higher end LiPo pack to ensure that you are getting what you're paying for.

Psycho Man