Old 01-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

If you can drive, it won't matter.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaejw1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITAjXTStrY

would you say this is a big enough track for something like the ammo motor.. permax or neu ..

Not sure what your question really is, but while that track is pretty big and wide in the scheme of most typical 1/18th tracks I still envision you flying over one of the big jumps, slamming the wall and overshooting every tight corner due to carrying too much speed.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITAjXTStrY

would you say this is a big enough track for something like the ammo motor.. permax or neu ..
I would say yes to both although the Neu is too powerful.. Getting back to your question about Beltran. I would say that the track surface is polished cement and they treat it with some additives i.e soda water, vht and what ever rubber is left behind from tires. I suggested off-road jumps and even posted some video's to get them excited about the off-road capabilities. It figures that I move and something like this starts up. I lived real close to Beltran and it would have been awesome to see off-road take off there. Jae just get some foams and run with the on-road guys. I raceed my 18t at Sunvalley with 18r's and kept up just fine. Or you can always get a Vendetta TC don't be scared.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WFO7640
Not sure what your question really is, but while that track is pretty big and wide in the scheme of most typical 1/18th tracks I still envision you flying over one of the big jumps, slamming the wall and overshooting every tight corner due to carrying too much speed.
well heck,, i guess in your eyes everyone should just run stock motor then.. cause anything faster than that then you would go into the walls...

like i said before.. if your a skilled enough driver torun a mongoose and feel that it is lacking and you need more speed and power.. than yes the neu is all the motor you will need..

and as far as overshooting jumps and going into corners too hot.. that is why you have brakes and drag brake.. and the common sense to know how much throttle to give... not everyone clears a jump perfectly the first time.. it takes practice ,,, thats why it PRACTICE before a race.. you cant just jump on a track and expect to win without learning the track...

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Or you can always get a Vendetta TC don't be scared.
i will never turn to the dark side..lol.. i have actually been thinking about it... and running on the onroad track in compton,, since i know the owner..
Old 01-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

^ Just think of it as a balance between the two forces. Think of on-road like a really fast slot car, it can be boring at times.
I raced at crystal park many times with my 1/8th scale. Very cool place.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Suspended

like i said before.. if your a skilled enough driver torun a mongoose and feel that it is lacking and you need more speed and power.. than yes the neu is all the motor you will need..

and as far as overshooting jumps and going into corners too hot.. that is why you have brakes and drag brake.. and the common sense to know how much throttle to give... not everyone clears a jump perfectly the first time.. it takes practice ,,, thats why it PRACTICE before a race.. you cant just jump on a track and expect to win without learning the track...
I guess that's where I'm confused, maybe all this time of watching all your vids where you overshoot half the corners and fly 10 feet in the air and tumble on landing I thought you were doing it by accident or just showing off instead of doing it on purpose. I was just under the impression that most guys knew there was point in which crossing the line powerwise was pointless. My bad.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Getting back to the question at hand.I like 1/18 because the smaller the scale the harder it is to drive which is challenging and they are much cheaper than the big toys.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

^ Just think of it as a balance between the two forces. Think of on-road like a really fast slot car, it can be boring at times.
I raced at crystal park many times with my 1/8th scale. Very cool place.
i was actually thinking of putting foamies on the vendetta.. and changing the set up for onroad and playing with it there... since i work in that city... i figured why not..
Old 01-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Getting back to the question at hand.I like 1/18 because the smaller the scale the harder it is to drive which is challenging and they are much cheaper than the big toys.
very very true... no need for bg huge bags to carry tires and parts.

btw you have a PM
Old 01-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WFO7640
I guess that's where I'm confused, maybe all this time of watching all your vids where you overshoot half the corners and fly 10 feet in the air and tumble on landing I thought you were doing it by accident or just showing off instead of doing it on purpose. I was just under the impression that most guys knew there was point in which crossing the line powerwise was pointless. My bad.
what video... and where ,, minutes/seconds.. every action can be explained..

atleast i have videos of my races and practices
Old 01-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Suspended

LOL - I guess that's where the confusion lies, because if you look at everybody else on the track they're not pulling those kinds of moves. It's hard to explain an action if it results in a wreck two out of three times.
Heck if you look at any other races they're not doing that kind of stuff, because they don't count unless you're able to pull off the move lap after lap. Those kind of things aren't done in racing, wrecking just leads to going slower. I just thought everyone knew that - my bad!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

jaejw1,don't worry about justifing anything to wfo,thats rocketrob40 in another of his ban skipping troll accounts,he thrives on negative attention and you are just feeding his over inflated ego by responding to him.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tread1
jaejw1,don't worry about justifing anything to wfo,thats rocketrob40 in another of his ban skipping troll accounts,he thrives on negative attention and you are just feeding his over inflated ego by responding to him.
dang it.. i just got owned..lol...lol..
Old 01-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tread1
LOL -- do you do anything other than troll forums stirring the pot?
You're infamous in the Urban Dictionary for being THE KING of the keyboard-cowboys http://keyboard-cowboy.urbanup.com/3301509
Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This message is hidden because WFO7640 is on your ignore list.