Wiki Posts
Search

Broken Differential?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Broken Differential?

Okay so never mind about the battery door, i got it open. Now i think the differential on my Losi Micro - T is broken. When i go full throttle it veers off to the right, and also when i let go of the throttle the car just spins out to the right. Is this a case of broken differential? It's not the steering trim, the car can go straight. Also at one point the car didn't even move, i just heard some motor stalling sounds. It would move like a foot then stop. I'd have to turn it off then on again. Finally it started working permanently after a few off/on cycles.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Suspended

Could be a lot of things. Have you bothered taking it apart to look for yourself??
Old 11-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

sounds like some fuzz or some garbage is wound in the RR axle.Mine was always good for that if I ran it on carpet.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Check the drivetrain for anything that might be hanging it up on the right side.

can you turn 1 rear tire and the other one turns in the opposite direction freely?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Other posts are on target. Did you check the right front axle to make certain the wheel isn't hanging up same for right rear as was previously stated. Carpet fuzz in right side, missing drive pin in left rear hub, all would cause spinning to right.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

All the wheels spin freely. When i spin one of the rear wheels independently the other wheel spins the other direction. However, for a second or so it spins the same direction as the other, then i hear a very light click sound and it starts spinning in the opposite direction. I haven't taken it apart yet since i might return it to the seller. Don't want to take it apart too much just incase i break it. Maybe i will but hopefully you guys can help me diagnose the problem w/o taking it completely apart.

P.S. Oh, also the car seems to have a delayed response when it comes to the throttle. When i press the throttle, it takes about a split second before it starts moving. All the batteries are near max.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cheezburger
All the wheels spin freely. When i spin one of the rear wheels independently the other wheel spins the other direction. However, for a second or so it spins the same direction as the other, then i hear a very light click sound and it starts spinning in the opposite direction. I haven't taken it apart yet since i might return it to the seller. Don't want to take it apart too much just incase i break it. Maybe i will but hopefully you guys can help me diagnose the problem w/o taking it completely apart.

P.S. Oh, also the car seems to have a delayed response when it comes to the throttle. When i press the throttle, it takes about a split second before it starts moving. All the batteries are near max.
Sounds like a problem with the diff.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

You can get a nice little ball diff for 22$

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/24763
Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Cheezburger;5073561]. Don't want to take it apart too much just incase i break it. Maybe i will but hopefully you guys can help me diagnose the problem w/o taking it completely apart.

QUOTE]

Dont get rid of it due to a small problem, part of the fun of the Hobby is
diagnosing and fixing issues. There very easy to work with. I just receievd 1 last week when it arrived the whole truck was dissassembled in bags
within 1/2 an hour i had it put together and running arround the house.
these little things are a blast. Dont give up
Old 11-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Hehe, yea i agree that it's part of the fun in the hobby. But it's annoying when you just want to drive the car around and something so minor is missing or is broken. Then you have to order it online (No stores near men) and get owned by shipping. I already shipped it back to the seller. He agreed to give me his Losi Micro Desert Truck for an addition $10. Thanks for all your help guys
Old 11-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cheezburger
Don't want to take it apart too much just incase i break it. Maybe i will but hopefully you guys can help me diagnose the problem w/o taking it completely apart.
Without taking it apart nobody can truely diagnose anything, they're just guessing. But little things going wrong or breaking from time to time is just part of this hobby, and happens no matter what you get.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can get a nice little ball diff for 22$
Y2KGTP your the man! I didn't know you can get a ball diff for the Micro-T! Oh man I'm stoked! Do you run one? How is it?

J
Old 11-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pyro18t
Y2KGTP your the man! I didn't know you can get a ball diff for the Micro-T! Oh man I'm stoked! Do you run one? How is it?

Except for the FACT that he apparently doesn't own or run a Micro-T, or that the balldiff he listed won't fit in one either. Since it's designed to fit a Mini-T.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OOH That's a sick burn! Well I guess that's what I get for not reading the product description properly

J
Old 11-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Suspended

Not your fault, easy to overlook. I just hope nobody rushed out on his advice and ordered one because they're going to be disappointed and plenty pissed.