Wiki Posts
Search

Just ordered a Mini LST2

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Just ordered a Mini LST2

Anything that breaks easily on these? I had a Mini LST when they first came out, and this seems like it has some nice upgrades over the original version.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

They still have the same servos, so they're pretty fragile. I replaced the gears in the stock servos with JR241 metal gears. It seems to do a good job of holding up.

The MLST2 seems a little smoother than my MLST. It could be because I've beat the tar out of my MLST though, and my MLST2 is brand new. The only thing I've done to my MLST2 is to add the Mini-t dual slipper. I was told that the gear cover would fit over the dual slipper, but it doesn't. It's not wide enough.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

You need a MLST2 cover for that DD. LOSB0933 Center Gear Cover & Hardware Set: MLST2, I cracked mine and just ordered one from losiparthouse last week.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I put the DD on the MLST2, which I'm assuming has the correct gear cover. The spur included with the DD is much larger than the stock spur, which requires me to push the motors out wide to mesh with the it. The pinions on the motors are then up against the gear cover and then won't allow the pinions to turn.

The gear cover does allow for the longer shaft, but it isn't wide enough. If you have any suggestions to fix that, I'd be grateful.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Whoo Hooo...free stuff:

Monster Madness Promo Extended
Losi is extending the 1/18 Monster Madness Free LiPo Battery and Charger Giveaway until November 30, 2008. Right now when you purchase a Losi Mini-LST2™, 1/18 Raminator or 1/18 Rammunition, you will qualify to receive a LiPo battery and wall charger combo absolutely FREE. Visit your favorite Losi retailer by November 30, 2008 to qualify for this amazing offer.
Valued at nearly $50, the 1/18-scale LiPo battery and wall charger combo is an easy way to hop-up the performance of any of the above mentioned mini-monster vehicles. For complete offer details as well as terms and conditions, visit the Losi Promotions page on our website.
Old 11-07-2023, 06:37 AM
Tech Rookie

ok