team assoicated 18r thread! >

team assoicated 18r thread!

Like Tree2Likes

team assoicated 18r thread!

Old 12-15-2017, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Simple yet effective;
I have the metal rack but there is a ton of play in the system. I like this solution and I just placed an order. The servo saver will be the next weakest link in the crappy-chain, even with the spring coils wrapped around it there is a ton of play. Any good solutions for hitec metal gear servos?
Old 12-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just ordered the aluminum bellcrank. I'm slowly getting the steering better. I also noticed that one of the front tires was glued really crooked so that wasn't helping either.

On another note...does anyone have any bumper ideas for the Apex? I've not found one that bolts on.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Welp im done. Shitty steering caused the car to smack the track wall and pop the upper ball. Lost that stupid spring for the drive cup.

For sale. Please pm for low, low low price.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmickle11 View Post
On another note...does anyone have any bumper ideas for the Apex? I've not found one that bolts on.
My Exotek chassis has a nice foam bumper on it but in the past I've used the RPM 70032 bumper for the 18T/B and added some foam to it. It bolts on to replace the front hinge pin holder / lower skid plate and then has a wide kicked up bumper that you can wire tie or glue some foam to. I slotted my foam so it would sit low to the ground right behind the front of the body and the plastic part was structural inside the foam.

Or theres this T-Bone Bumper
Old 12-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kevinatfms View Post
Welp im done. Shitty steering caused the car to smack the track wall and pop the upper ball. Lost that stupid spring for the drive cup.

For sale. Please pm for low, low low price.
The springs are easy to replace with a cut down one from a ball point pen or even a piece of squishy foam. Best to get CVD's in front though. Actually best plan is quit hitting stuff.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RussF View Post
My Exotek chassis has a nice foam bumper on it but in the past I've used the RPM 70032 bumper for the 18T/B and added some foam to it. It bolts on to replace the front hinge pin holder / lower skid plate and then has a wide kicked up bumper that you can wire tie or glue some foam to. I slotted my foam so it would sit low to the ground right behind the front of the body and the plastic part was structural inside the foam.

Or theres this T-Bone Bumper
Thanks. This is what I was looking for. I'll order the RPM bumper and slot some foam to go over it. I did that with the stock piece but it sits at such a funky angle that you have to trim the foam to where it's not offering much protection to the front wheels.

I really think this is going to be a decent car...it's pretty quick with the Castle Sidewinder Micro 2 & 5200KV motor in it.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
I just noticed the drag link is getting into the drive shaft...I've got a nice groove in the drive shaft. Anyone else have this?
Old 12-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

For the crappy servo saver, I’ve always wrapped a small zip tie around it. If you have a decent servo and don’t hit a lot of crap, you should be fine.