Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC18mt vs 1/18 Raminator?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC18mt vs 1/18 Raminator?

I am looking for a good mini for my 4 year old son to run. I currently have a T-Maxx so I know some about R/C. He will be primarly running in and around the house, and occasionally outdoors when we are camping. Please inform me of the pros and cons of each vehicle. I think the raminator will do better outdoors but I am not sure it will hold up as well alothough it does have an aluminum chasi. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuperman
I am looking for a good mini for my 4 year old son to run. I currently have a T-Maxx so I know some about R/C. He will be primarly running in and around the house, and occasionally outdoors when we are camping. Please inform me of the pros and cons of each vehicle. I think the raminator will do better outdoors but I am not sure it will hold up as well alothough it does have an aluminum chasi. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
I, personally, would recommend the 18MT out of your two choices. The MLST has many more variables as far as "might need to fix" parts go. Twice the motors, twice the servos, center diff/dogbones, terrible gears (though the raminator might have MLST2 diffs which are considerably better then MLST1 diffs) and the big tires, which is great for offroad bashing, but very, very bad for internal gears.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

my son runs the 18t and seems pretty durable no real problems ever
Old 08-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

you may want to also consider the Duratrax Vendetta ST.
I would also like to recommend that you opt for a vehicle that has local parts support.......whatever your local hobby shop carries for parts is what you should be buying.