Wiki Posts
Search

East Coast Championships 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaejw1
so does the vendetta buggy and ST fit within these guidelines.. ???????
You coming to the East Coast for this one????????
Old 09-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default VANDETTA QUESTION

so does the vendetta buggy and ST fit within these guidelines.. ???????
I don't see why not?
Old 09-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

man, i wish i could,, now that im back on patrol,, im doing double duty,,, patrol cop and traffic investigator... not only that my offduty supervisor hates for me to even go to a local race... doubt it seriously if i will be allowed to go out of state...

but i do want whats best for the vendetta drivers since i cant be there.. racing on carpet isnt my thing,, and i know i would suck at it.. but i am looking forward to seeing the race..

good luck to everyone that races..
Old 09-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

racing on carpet isnt my thing,, and i know i would suck at it....
Jae you could race on carpet and do well....unless your allergic to carpet fibers....
Old 09-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
Jae you could race on carpet and do well....unless your allergic to carpet fibers....
yes.. i have hardwood floors at home.. and whenever i go to peoples houses.. i wear a mask.. just the site of it burns my eyes... that is why i can only watch it via the internet
Old 09-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes.. i have hardwood floors at home.. and whenever i go to peoples houses.. i wear a mask.. just the site of it burns my eyes... that is why i can only watch it via the internet
Yes, I have heard of this affliction before...I believe it is called NOUSAFOAM disease.

I usually use rubbers on carpet anyway...besides my wife won't let me watch it on the internet.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roozdad
Yes, I have heard of this affliction before...I believe it is called NOUSAFOAM disease.

I usually use rubbers on carpet anyway...besides my wife won't let me watch it on the internet.
You must be using DVD then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Entry Form

Here is the registration form for the race.

If you are planning on running the Micro Touring Stock class it would be nice if you could preregister. There will be an additional $5.00 for the stock class and additional motors will be $9.00. I will add this to the registration form and re-post it. Thanks----

---ENTRY FORM HAS BEEN UPDATED---
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EastCoastChampionshpsForm.pdf (123.2 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Roozdad; 09-20-2008 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Added the cost of the stock motor.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

They are taking checks I assume aarron?

Also, any idea what thestock motor is going to be?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

man, i wish i could,, now that im back on patrol,, im doing double duty,,, patrol cop and traffic investigator... not only that my offduty supervisor hates for me to even go to a local race... doubt it seriously if i will be allowed to go out of state...

but i do want whats best for the vendetta drivers since i cant be there.. racing on carpet isnt my thing,, and i know i would suck at it.. but i am looking forward to seeing the race..

good luck to everyone that races..
whats wrong with attending local races, should not be considered unethical conduct??

you should see the stuff our guys get away with off-duty!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roozdad
Here is the registration form for the race.

If you are planning on running the Micro Touring Stock class it would be nice if you could preregister. Thanks
No traction compound?
Old 09-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ttppll
No traction compound?
"its bad for the carpet"...

Aarron, any chance you could get them to drop that silly rule for this race? we literally spray our track in GB with paragon FXII for traction, and we have no issues whatsoever. the track will get tore up much faster from dragging bodies and screws than traction compound will "eat it up"...

Last edited by geeunit1014; 09-15-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Why not use Jack the Gripper? It is used all across the states now as a replacement for Paragon Ground Effects. It has no odor and grooves up nicely. It's not quite the same kind of traction as Ground Effects, but will provide good bite.

Gee hit the nail on the head, so to speak. You'd need to worry about bodies and screws tearing up a track long before traction compound would, if that is the concern.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by punkboy
Why not use Jack the Gripper? It is used all across the states now as a replacement for Paragon Ground Effects. It has no odor and grooves up nicely. It's not quite the same kind of traction as Ground Effects, but will provide good bite.

Gee hit the nail on the head, so to speak. You'd need to worry about bodies and screws tearing up a track long before traction compound would, if that is the concern.
Because "boys will be boys" and they empty their cans of Gripper and replace it Paragon.
"No compound period" rules keep any of the monkey business from starting.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cracka
Because "boys will be boys" and they empty their cans of Gripper and replace it Paragon.
"No compound period" rules keep any of the monkey business from starting.
"Boys will be boys" is a horrible line to use, and is an absolutely ridiculous argument. Paragon is easy to detect, and I'm sure it would be easy for the racers to police each other, if the race director does not wish to. Besides, who's to say nobody there has ever tried to replace TQ traction compound with Paragon?

It is not difficult to detect something like that, and prevent it from starting. Make a rule up front, if someone is caught using anything other than Jack, they're done for the day. That should solve that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.