Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xps ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default xps ?

the stock xps esc for an rc18r....will it run on a 2 cell lipo?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matthewh
the stock xps esc for an rc18r....will it run on a 2 cell lipo?
I see no reason why it wouldn't, assuming it normally is for a 6 cell NiMh pack(I know a 2 cel LiPo is "rated" at 7.4 volts, but in reality, it's the same as any 6-cell NiMh pack & in fact, the NiMh pack will have slightly better voltage when fully charged, the 7.4 volts is an average number over a test discharge cycle, just like the "rated" 7.2 volts for a 6-cell NiMh pack). The only thing you might need to worry about is the fact that your XPS speed control likely doesn't have any kind of LiPo cutoff function(basically a way of shutting itself down when it senses that the pack's voltage is close to where it might damage itself, as LiPo's cannot stand being completely discharged), but if you're careful about how long you run, then you should be fine. And even then, if you REALLY feel a need for a cutoff device, Novak does sell one called the Smart Stop, that can work with ANY ESC......
Old 06-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Initiate

alright man ....thanx a million....i'm going to try it out and see what it does.....