"Potential" Micro Worlds Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Potential" Micro Worlds Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, it's just a truck body and some body mounts but a lot of people over here do not perticularly like truck bodies! That's why we/they run buggy bodies, not because of an advantage.

'Unfair' advantage? What makes it 'unfair' and who says it has an advantage? Advantage in what? The ST in some people's eyes are a better all round buggy but the national race results showed the season (6 rounds over 7 months) winners and the results does not show one is better than the other.

One may be better suited to a certain type of track than the other.

PRO-STOCK CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS
1st – Craig Harris (Shark ST)
2nd – Steve Davis (Blaze\Vendetta)
3rd – Chris Bottle (Blaze\Vendetta)

MODIFIED CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS
1st – Cris Oxley (Blaze\Vendetta)
2nd – Stu Harlow (Blaze\Vendetta for most of the season)
3rd – Bill Pier (Shark ST)

By the same token you can then say that a Vendetta buggy has an 'unfair' advantage over a RC18B because the Vendetta chassis is stiffer, or the Vendetta shock's work better or you could turn it around and say the RC18B has an unfair advantage over the Blaze buggies because it's lighter and will accelerate quicker, etc...... The point is every car has it's strengths and weaknesses and the driver needs to set it up and drive it to make use of the car's features and hide the short comings. Isn't that half the fun? Getting a car to do what you want it to do and getting the best from it? Beating a car that may have 'unfair' advantage?

The fact is, the manufacturers have a clean slate from which to build cars. They need to be the ones innovating and making better cars. We need to show them with our wallets that we want better cars. If a driver wants to buy an 'inferior' car because he is brand loyal then we, the racing community, shouldn't feel the need to create a class just for him and his buddy so they can win an empty gold medal and be a World Champion of 2 people (extreme example I know )

Wheels - tyre truers are very much available as you would imagine with just about everyone running foams, that's not the issue (although some still don't have them cause they are expensive!). In actual fact a lot of the faster guys narrow all 4 wheels down to as much as 22mm (some say to reduce grip, other's say to increase grip, the jury is still out on that one). I don't see the reason or benefit or forcing people to run a narrow front tyre on a buggy. Why? Just because the rubbers are that way?

It seems you guys over there are looking for all sorts of reasons to seperate the cars into more classes? Feel the love man, no need for all the segregation. Apartheid is over. Peace
Old 05-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Im liking the idea of simple classes....(dimensional rule)
2wd
4wd truck
4wd buggy
Supermain top 3 from each class....

Top 9 in each main w bump ups....
For 10 per main....

no tire rule
open electric 11.1v max...
Old 05-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

I'm all for 1/10 foams in buggy and truck, we are allowed to run them locally, and I think everyone benefits from it. Also, I was in no way implying that there is a benefit between running a buggy body over a truck body, or vice versa. I was simply stating what generally dictates the differences between the two classes here.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frogger

One may be better suited to a certain type of track than the other.

PRO-STOCK CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS
1st – Craig Harris (Shark ST)
2nd – Steve Davis (Blaze\Vendetta)
3rd – Chris Bottle (Blaze\Vendetta)

MODIFIED CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS
1st – Cris Oxley (Blaze\Vendetta)
2nd – Stu Harlow (Blaze\Vendetta for most of the season)
3rd – Bill Pier (Shark ST)
So your saying that the racer needs two different vehicles depending on the track?!!? How is that in the spirit of our class? Look again, I can understand for your own club and national events throwing them together. This will be a global audience here, and as you have seen from the posts many do want a Buggy and Truggy class separate. Your worrying about lack of entries/competition with some class splitting for nothing.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oXYnary
So your saying that the racer needs two different vehicles depending on the track?!!?
No Oxy, that's not what I said in any way, shape or form. It's twisting people's words like that, that makes people angry with you. Don't be tempted to do it. It gets us nowhere.

What I said was you as a racer 'choose your weapon' for whatever reason (because of looks, brand loyalty or whatever) and you make it work by setting it up and driving it on any and all tracks.

Also, in the post before I said:
Originally Posted by frogger
I guess as a representation of global taste we should then consider a truck and a buggy class
Old 05-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

I honestly say now, that I cant make a flight out to any rc race anytime soon...as I am 14 years old and my parents think that would be ludacris waste of money.
That being said, I still want to put in my oppnion to help a lot of people...
I would like the Sportwerks Recoil to be in the onroad.
If companies like exotec, and the toyz saw how great of a car this is, they might actually make something for it. Therefore, making recoil owners happier which they will reccomend and hype recoils more, and sportwerks will be helped by the whole thing too.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stang444
I honestly say now, that I cant make a flight out to any rc race anytime soon...as I am 14 years old and my parents think that would be ludacris waste of money.
That being said, I still want to put in my oppnion to help a lot of people...
I would like the Sportwerks Recoil to be in the onroad.
If companies like exotec, and the toyz saw how great of a car this is, they might actually make something for it. Therefore, making recoil owners happier which they will reccomend and hype recoils more, and sportwerks will be helped by the whole thing too.
Start mowing lawns now or convince the rents they'll need to sample some genuine fish & chips before summer's end.
I think the Recoil already has plenty of hop-up support, but also feel it is not widely embraced by mini or 1/10 racers as it is neither and stands alone as the only 14th vehicle out there. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Suspended

Don't everyone jump on me here for saying this, but all I see is the same old song and dance.
Generally I hate discussion boards because I think they should be called argument boards because that's all I see on them.
I guess you could call me a lurker because I read a lot of them but seldom contribute because of the waste of time it is.
I only joined this one to see if my simplification suggestions would be taken or ignored, and it was mostly glazed over because everyone seems to be more interested in arguing than discussing and potentially working something out for everyone's benefit.
I don't know if most of you guys are actual racers, or track owners that have a vested interest in keeping things done your way, or just the sorts that insist on having it your own way or no way at all.
But just take it from an old school guy that's been around the block that all the bullying and attitudes I see here and in the previous discussion last week, that was utterly disgusting by the way, are exactly why the manufacturers got out of race promoting back in the day. Just too many hard headed individuals hell bent on making their point while disavowing any others and apparently set on ruining it for everyone.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolracer
Don't everyone jump on me here for saying this, but all I see is the same old song and dance.
Generally I hate discussion boards because I think they should be called argument boards because that's all I see on them.
I guess you could call me a lurker because I read a lot of them but seldom contribute because of the waste of time it is.
I only joined this one to see if my simplification suggestions would be taken or ignored, and it was mostly glazed over because everyone seems to be more interested in arguing than discussing and potentially working something out for everyone's benefit.
I don't know if most of you guys are actual racers, or track owners that have a vested interest in keeping things done your way, or just the sorts that insist on having it your own way or no way at all.
But just take it from an old school guy that's been around the block that all the bullying and attitudes I see here and in the previous discussion last week, that was utterly disgusting by the way, are exactly why the manufacturers got out of race promoting back in the day. Just too many hard headed individuals hell bent on making their point while disavowing any others and apparently set on ruining it for everyone.
In most club racing the rules are simple.....
when a big race comes around you find more seperation to equal out the classes....I have raced all over the US and I have found that most tracks
make there rules around what is popular at that track....
the thing we all need to have is an open mind and a willingness to leave our comfort zones to try something different....
Old 05-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Frogger:

If your agreeing to a Buggy and Truggy class. Are you agreeing with the logic that if a company offers a Buggy already, turning the Truggy into one somewhat is against the spirit of what the manufacturer intended? As far then as one or the other having an advantage or disadvantage on certain tracks. If you only allowed the one version per class, there wouldn't be any angst (for the specifics of this race).
Old 05-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Someone has kindly reminded me in a PM that I am wasting my breath here and I totally agree so over and out from me on this thread.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

I am a bit confused as to why some individuals feel that this is not constructive. Is it not the point of this thread to figure out where people from different locations might stand, on what would be a good general set of rules for a race that would be considered a "WORLDS" event? Of course there are going to be differences in opinions. Instead of people taking it personally when someone doesn't share their particular point of view, why not carry on CONSTRUCTIVELY until certain aspects can be agreed upon.

I for one am in total agreement with some of the rules that are already in place over in the UK. As I stated earlier I totally support the use of 1/10 touring tires. For some reason though it is something that is only acceptable at certain club levels here in the states. I also am all for there being a more relaxed set of rules when it comes to dimensions, be it width, length, what have you. At the same time I think that if a given manufacturer offers a buggy, and a truck version of a particular platform, and the stock dimensions of these platforms vary as they should, then in order to run in either the buggy or truck class that vehicle should fall within the dimensions of its intended design.

There is absolutely no denying that in 1/10 racing you CANNOT put a buggy body on a truck platform and run it in the buggy class. Why should these standards, that have stood the test of time WORLDWIDE be changed just because we are downsizing in scale?

Just to be clear, I am not picking any fights here, or attempting to push my opinions on anyone. I am only looking to find answers to questions that are in many of our minds when it comes to taking the "micro" class of racing to a more respected level.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

I'm glad this law hasn't taken effect yet, or I'd be the first I guess..
Old 05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Morning/Afternoon/evening everyone!!!

Being lucky enough to have raced on both sides on the atlantic (granted in 2007) I can honestly say that both sides have there good points and bad points

My idea for classes would be

4wd Stock (US buggy stock regs but allowing trucks)
4wd Superstock ( to the 2007 UK ProStock regs)
4wd Brushless (US Bruchless truck regs but allowing 10th wheels and buggy shells)

2wd stock
2wd Mod (BR+BL NiMh+Lipo)

some may say this is too much seperation but if you spread it out over a couple of days like the us nats it would be easier to more than one class which is something I wish I had done on my trans'lantic trip to gain track time and spread my odds.

as for dimensions, forget them I'm sure we are all grown up enough to come up with homologation list of car that can compete in before anyone gets on a plane!

p.s. sorry if I've doubled anything anyone else has said.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

I guess everyone got tired........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.