Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Rc18T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I just finished building my ft18t and ran into a problem, it seems that the ball cups are too tight on the steering. I'm running a hitec 65mg and when I turn right its slow and no left at all. What happens is the servo saver basically does its job and opens when I turn. I've taken the steering linkage off and the hubs/knuckles move freely and the bellcrank/servo saver all move freely when the ball cups are taken off the steering. Any thoughts or anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking of removing the servo saver until the ball cups loosen up a little.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Has anyone ever rigged a 1/12 scale servo into the RC18T or B? These micro servo and savers kinda suck! What about a good metal gear servo, do they have one and were do I find one?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Perry
I just finished building my ft18t and ran into a problem, it seems that the ball cups are too tight on the steering. I'm running a hitec 65mg and when I turn right its slow and no left at all. What happens is the servo saver basically does its job and opens when I turn. I've taken the steering linkage off and the hubs/knuckles move freely and the bellcrank/servo saver all move freely when the ball cups are taken off the steering. Any thoughts or anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking of removing the servo saver until the ball cups loosen up a little.
First of all, don't remove your servo saver. That's intended to protect your servo if the front wheels hit something hard. What you need to do is snap your ball cups back in position on the pivot balls, just like they were before you disconnected them. Then take some pliers and gently squeeze the plastic ball cups over the steel/aluminium pivot balls. What happens is the plastic forms a better (looser) fitting connection and free's up the tight opening on the plastic over the pivot balls. Be careful not to squeeze the pliers too much.....then you would have too much slop. You want to do it just enough to free them up. It sounds like it's possibly a manufacturing issue because the same thing happened to me with my car. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

i just seem to bash my 18b, i run a 11.1 lipo with the 8k mamba with matching esc. geared 13-55 right now. it has aluminum shocks and some rpm upgrades with more on the way. this little booger does a good 50mph...its insane! i have to hand it to associated though, as much crap as i have been through with this car, i t take a beating and keeps rollin!

including house jump offs!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I have an 18B for sale if anyone is interested. The link is below. Dont be afraid to make an offer.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=209790

Last edited by style-n-speed; 03-25-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi.
I am going to buy the FT kit (truck).
I'm going to run sidewinder esc and a brushed engine to start with.
(I also got a 8000kv sidewinder motor too, I think that is a little overkill for rc18t. I use it in my mlst2).
But, in the kit it says I need spur parts, but what spur parts do I need?
And I am going to get the Hitec hs56 servo, do I need anything to assemble this?

- Thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Why is this a seperate thread?

The 18B, 18R, 18T, and 18MT are close enough that a majority of any discussion applies to all...
Old 02-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys. My neighbor just brought over his RC18T RTR. He wants to go brushless but me and him dont know what KV to get. I told him to get the Castle Combo. Either Pro or Sport. Were are thinking 6800 or 5400. He uses Ni-MH batteries and it has stock gearing. Its currently has a 7 cell 1400 but he did have the 6 cell stock one. Either one is pretty much an option I guess.

What motor KV do you recommend?
He loves to bash, mainly a basher but he would also like to take it on the local 1/8 indoor track and bash it with the Nitro 1/8 buggies. They do have a electric night which would be better for the life of the 18T but Im saying its a good size 1/8 scale clay track.

While the same respect we dont want to burn the motor up while bashing around the house.
What upgrades will be needed with this brushless?
Im guessing driveshafts.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

anyone looking for a good used RC18T INTEGY ALLOY EVO-X CONVERSION KIT.

PLEASE PM ME.
Attached Thumbnails Official Rc18T Thread-picture-8138.jpg1.jpg