PTX Transponder

Old 08-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushlessboy16
ALright so is I were to get the two the 21st number on each one would be different- correct?
Probably, I don't know of anybody getting identical numbers. They are out there.... just don't think he is taking the time to sort through them. You get what you get.

Originally Posted by Brushlessboy16
alrigh so if i were to set both transponders to the same Number (1-20) they would have the same number, but #21 on them would be different...

Im sorry im just trying go paint the mental picture
Yup, you have it right. Here is the sheet that comes with them... the numbers are on it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...er-ptx-iii.jpg

Not sure how close you are to me... I'd show them to you. Was supposed to run some races today... but it was raining...
Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Has anyone heard from Terry? His last activity here was 6-30-09.

Wondering when I can order more of these, but I am starting to worry about whether these will ever be available again.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm still around, just not been on rctech for a while. Time seems to go so fast these days, especially when trying to keep up with a constant influx of emails!

The good news is the new PTX is out, new slim case and weighing less. Online ordering is available again, stock levels are keeping up with demand. Currently we have an introductory offer price for all PTX versions, both custom ID's and clones.

We have had a problem come to light with the latest version of Firefox causing an error on the store pages but should have it fixed with a software upgrade later next week. Internet Explorer seems to work ok so it's worth using if possible. Other than server glitches it should be easy to order online, I would recommend checking out the FAQ page if you're not sure what to order. All the information and details are at www.rclaps.com
Old 09-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought one of these and it was delivered to me within 1 week.
Used it on the weekend and it was great.
Thanks for the fast service and great product at an excellent price.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks herb99, glad you like your PTX

Just a note I forgot to mention please contact me by email as I'm not an rctech regular [email protected]
If you send me a PM it might be a while before I reply!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's how to order, best go to the rclaps web site not via links on Google!

PTX transponder ordering is at www.rclaps.com by clicking on the green 'More Info & Ordering'

Note: to see US$/AUD$/Euro prices click 'Buy' on product pages
to enter the checkout and select country using dropdown then
checkout page will show updated prices.

Email [email protected] for help with ordering.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I have three of these with more on the way, they work awesome plus I only have one transponder number to keep up with and they are very well priced.

Thanks Terry!!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i heard of a possible problem in the next amb system. I heard that amb was going to make it so no cloned transponders will work on thier new system. anyone else hear of this? is it true?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Was it Roar or one of the other governing bodies that disallowed cloned transponders years ago? What if you have 3 vehicles at a race with the same numbers. Then one breaks, and you simply start running one of the other 2?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AcadDude
Was it Roar or one of the other governing bodies that disallowed cloned transponders years ago? What if you have 3 vehicles at a race with the same numbers. Then one breaks, and you simply start running one of the other 2?
what if you have one transponder that you run in the same 3 cars? For offraod I use the same transponder in 2 cars on the same day.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AcadDude
I don't think ROAR has any problem with them now..... What if you have 3 vehicles with velcro in them.... ready to accept an AMB pt? Wreck one car, swap the PT and your off and running.

Yes I do know people that use velcro to swap PT's from car to car (class to class mostly). Its simple and fast.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am afraid that I may accidentally reset the custom ID of the transponder. Has anyone done something like that? How is the ID reset? I just hold the button and connected the battery and then I released it and disconnected the battery. They say that if you want to reset the ID you have to continue holding the button but what do they mean by continue?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Any one sent a PT out in the last month or so? I've been tring to get a hold of them through email and PM's for a over a week but havent heard anything back. Dont want to send my PT out and never see it again.