Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini Inferno Half8 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Mini Inferno Half8 questions

Hello guys, I'm new here. Only just got into the micro thing as my LHS had 2 Half8's for sale for a real bargain and it was too good to pass up the opportunity.

I've been upgrading it with all sorts of parts getting it ready for racing but I still have some issues:

Wheel slop:
Does anybody know the shim size I need to fit on the ends of the drive shafts (or lay shafts whatever they are called) to remove that small bit of slop? The wheel moves a good 2mm sidewards when the wheel nut is completely tightened.

Ride height:
I'm running GPM alu shocks towers and Kyosho original oil shocks (with black springs). I want to lower the ride height quite a bit as it's currently about 22mm front and back with normal wheels and tyres on, fully loaded with battery etc. Any ideas?

Front shocks:
My front shocks seem to bottom out before the body does. Is that normal?
I've got all the GPM alu arms front upper and lower and rear installed if that makes any difference?

My Wraith 7 and Quark 33 hasn't arrived yet but any advice getting it ready for brushless would be appreciated. (Already ordered HD diffs, centre ball diff, HD slipper spring) and replaced front bones with HD shafts. Anything else?
Old 07-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I just picked up one from a buddy.
Noticed that the stock gear diffs aren't smooth at all.
What are the options for ball diffs? Who makes them?
What's "HD"?

As my car's used, the shimming on the wheels have been done.
I don't have a set of calipers but I guess you could make reference from the bearing size.

I'm using stock arms with Kyosho alloy shocks but some alloy shock tower. Not sure what brand. Doesn't bottom like you described.

To lower the ride height, you could use little spacers in the shocks.
That's what I did for my M03. Works flawlessly.

I will be running a Tekin Rage system. Does the drivetrain need to be beefed up?