Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
RC18B tires on RCP track? > RC18B tires on RCP track?

RC18B tires on RCP track?

Old 05-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default RC18B tires on RCP track?

Probably dont see many RC18Bs on RCP tracks, but I know someone has tried it!

Looks like we will sometimes change up the RCP track for some offroad action. Any suggestion on tires, foams, adapters whatever?

Thanks.

Biff
Old 05-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Th kyosho half eight stock tires work awsome on the rcp.You will need the half eight hex adapters made for the half eight by 3 racing or another company.they will fit the 18t/b/mt.Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you!
Old 05-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Initiate

I was curious about using the RCP tracks with my RC18B as well, but I haven't seen it done. How about the pro-line road rage tires on stock buggy rear wheels? Foams maybe? There is a local hobby shop (Kenon hobby) here in socal (in Arcadia) and they hold monthly Mini-Z races on a HUGE RCP track. They say some people toss their RC18's down to play with but I don't think they actually race them. Would be interesting. I think I will head over there next time they race and try it.

Here's my RC18B with the pro line road rage tires on:

Old 05-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just curious whats a RCP track
also does anyone know of any tires similar to the mini t step pins i like the softness of them
they make great fronts on my rc18b
Old 05-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

dw i did some research bout them looks cool they should make a carpet off road track like with jumps
Old 05-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

RCP is rubber composite track. Yeah, we're familiar with Kenon, they used to have a killer rear tire for the Mini-Z's. Chrismyb, there are alredy people who have built carpet tracks for off-road 1/18. We have one LHS that's building a track right now and another one that is going to soon. We've used the RCP for years for the Mini Z's and 1/18 on-road and we want to see how we can use it for off-road. One of the cool things about RCP is it's so portable and you can change layouts every race.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

aculici, those proline tires...are they mounted on your factory 18B wheels? I was looking to run my 18B with 18R wheels and tires, as I am trying to promote running these on road in their own class. They are a blast on a large 1/10 scale on road track, especially with that low CG. Almost like running F1/Indy Car open wheel racing.....
Old 06-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well as I've said before the BRP foams for the Losi rear wheels work great. Smaller diameter allows you to gear up for carpet or asphalt. I ran these on my 18B first so I put them on my 18R. You'll just have to change the axles to make them work.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Update on the tires. I ran the kit tires on the RCP track, and they were hooked up!
Attached Thumbnails RC18B tires on RCP track?-mediepicsjumpgaryhircrwebsite.jpg   RC18B tires on RCP track?-mediepicswallgaryhircrwebsite.jpg  
Old 06-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by aculici View Post
I was curious about using the RCP tracks with my RC18B as well, but I haven't seen it done. How about the pro-line road rage tires on stock buggy rear wheels? Foams maybe? There is a local hobby shop (Kenon hobby) here in socal (in Arcadia) and they hold monthly Mini-Z races on a HUGE RCP track. They say some people toss their RC18's down to play with but I don't think they actually race them. Would be interesting. I think I will head over there next time they race and try it.

Here's my RC18B with the pro line road rage tires on:

One of the racers showed up with those exact tires, they didn't work very well. We were joking about him "drifting" around the track, they wouldn't hook up at all.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Nice shot of the wall berm.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Guff, those tires and the Losi Street Meats are supposed to be the tires to have on the painted asphalt track. Danny is running an Open 1/8 AE class where you can run any hopup, motor, etc. you want, but the chassis has to be AE. But, they have an X-ray class for ya. Biff, the Losi kit tires actually worked great on the RCP with my Mini-T. I have a set for the 18T but it will be a few weeks before I can make it back to the track to try them out. Won't matter, with the Tekin I won't have any tires left after the first lap anyway. BTW, rubber tires only for our RCP races, no foams.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Chris, those are funny rules I was noticing... Rubber w/ spikes are allowed on RCP, but no Foam with Additive??? For some unknown reason I guess Trey still thinks paragon hurts RCP. hehehe Pins will for sure DESTROY the track at a much higher rate than paragon ever would, especially if we verify that the additive is completely dry before the cars hit the track...
Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Chris, those are funny rules I was noticing... Rubber w/ spikes are allowed on RCP, but no Foam with Additive??? For some unknown reason I guess Trey still thinks paragon hurts RCP. hehehe Pins will for sure DESTROY the track at a much higher rate than paragon ever would, especially if we verify that the additive is completely dry before the cars hit the track...
LOL. Ask me what an 18T w/Minirage on the kit tires does to Astroturf at an NFL practice facility. Three guesses and your first 2 don't count. I had rubber INSIDE the hex on 2 shock ballstuds. I love this Tekin, haven't really had a chance to play with the programming much. But even detuned I may end up running 5 cells at Trey's. I can't wait for the carpet track(s) to open. I have foams mounted and ready to roll.