Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did some testing with the Cefx Recoil chassis

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Did some testing with the Cefx Recoil chassis

So got some laps in today with the new Cfex Chassis parts. (Top plate, Mid plate, and Chassis) First thing I noticed is the car is alot more consistent. The lap times are all about .100 or .200 diffrent now where with the fiber glasss tock chassis the lap times where all over the palce it seemed. I'd run a 12.2 then back it up with a 13.0 before. I know some of that is driver but man the laps where all right there today unless i missed a corner or a braking zone. Today I strung like 10 laps together that where 12.15 to 11.9. My best lap today was a 11.873 and my best before with the stock chassis was 12.042 So it's not a ton faster on my best lap but it faster over 5 min. by a good amount. I know with some more set up changes and more traction when more people are running on the carpet the lap times will drop also. The other thing I noticed and was pretty happy to see was the chassis never needed retweaked once today. Before I was retweaking the car every run. Over all it made the car alot easier to drive and much smoother coming off the corners. Did alot less spinning the tires coming out of tight corners thats forsure.

I'm pretty sure some stiffer springs can be used now to cut down on the chassis roll, or a set of sway bars. Thats next weeks mission.

Here are some vids of the car running today at www.CefxRaceway.net

http://gcsrts.com/share/lon/cfex%20016.mov

http://gcsrts.com/share/lon/cfex%20017.mov
Right click and save as please.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Nice vids!

Is that Ozite you're running on? What foam compound are you using. The car looks good
Old 04-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
Nice vids!

Is that Ozite you're running on? What foam compound are you using. The car looks good

Yea it's ozite and I'm running Purples all the way around.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Dasmopar, cool that it is holding its tweek. We have been running with all the top plate screws loose to address the same problem. Will have my chassis designs out before long. No top plate will be run with it (thicker/stiffer lower plate). On the subject of springs, if you have been running the stock springs, try the Ascociated vcs springs. Ya gotta cut em' in half, but it's worth the trouble. I'm running silver in rear and copper up front.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have the Ae springs for the 18R and the blue ones are stiffer than the stock springs. I was going to try them on the front and move the fronts to the rear. I see the Carisma M14 or whatever they are calling it shows a sway bar kit. I think that would help alot too.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dasmopar, where are you seeing the sway bar kit for the Carisma M14? It's not on Horizons' site or the matoys.com site which as far as I know is the official Carisma site. Please let me know where you are seeing the sway bar kit.

Duneland, can't wait to see your graphite chassis with no top plate! Sounds awesome! Please post pics when it is done along with price. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.carisma.co.jp/GT14/Web-GT14_1.jpg

Sway bars are in a pic at the very bottom of the page.

How thick is the Graphite going to be to run no top plate?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dasmopar, thanks for the info. I went to that link and saw the sway bar set. I hope that Sportwerks and Horizon will import it to the USA soon!
Have you noticed that the GT14's come with nicer looking stock wheels that look scale and not those ugly white dish wheels that come with the Recoil? If you go to ebay you can get the Carisma Skyline GT14 for $149 but the shipping is around $40 so it's more expensive than the Recoil unfortunately. Also Carisma sells the GT14 with some beautiful scale bodies like they offer on their standard M14 cars. I just wish we here in the USA could get those as well. After all it is the same car!
Sportwerks/Horizon are you listening?!!! Give us what the rest of the world has gets; we always seem to get short-changed here!
I think I will contact Bill Jeric at Horizon and get on his case about this.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

off topic, but Dasmopar, the same guy who made the map clamp and drives a 10 second SRT-4?
Old 05-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I sent an email to Bill Jeric at Horizon (he is the guy who is in charge of bringing Carisma and Sportwerks to the USA) and I asked him to look into getting the swaybar set for the Recoil.
I also asked him to consider importing the Carisma GT14 as well (it is the same car as the Recoil; in fact Carisma makes both cars) The GT14 comes with a wide selection of those beautiful scale Carisma bodies as well as scale and model specific wheels instead of those ugly white dish wheels that the Recoil gets.
I don't know if anything will happen but if all of you out there emailed Bill Jeric at Horizon Hobby maybe together we can make it happen! The more of us that demand it, the better the chance that Horizon will import the GT14 as well, along with the swaybars and maybe some of those gorgeous Carisma bodies too.
Please let me know what all of you think.

By the way, the official Carisma site where you can see more of the GT14 is: www.matoys.com

Enjoy
Old 05-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pinoyboy
off topic, but Dasmopar, the same guy who made the map clamp and drives a 10 second SRT-4?
Thats me.

Are you on SRT forums?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Team Lotus thats a good idea. I will send a email later tonight.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dasmopar, I'm glad you are sending Bill Jeric an email regarding this request. Now if we can get as many Recoil owners as possible to do the same we have an actual chance of getting something done!
So to the rest of you out there; please send emails to Bill Jeric asking him to import the Carisma GT14 as well as the swaybar set that fits both the GT14 and the Recoil.
Send to: [email protected]

I also told Bill that they should come out with some foam tires mounted on some nice black or grey mag or star type rims as an optional choice to those UGLY white dish wheels.
We will see what happens next.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Thats me.

Are you on SRT forums?
Yea, I'm on the forums with the same name. I use to post alot, but not so much anymore. It was getting too expensive, so now I'm just doing RC.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pinoyboy
Yea, I'm on the forums with the same name. I use to post alot, but not so much anymore. It was getting too expensive, so now I'm just doing RC.
Yea I don't even go to that site anymore. it burned me out. Now I just sell parts Via email. My car is still in peices. I'm about to order a Rod and start putting it all beck together. R/C is alot cheaper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.