Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba 25 please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default Mamba 25 please help

Ok I have 2 mamba 25 controllers that I just purchased new. I am trying to program them with the castle link before I use them. I installed the latest software. Everything seems to be working just find however on the controller I get the 1 blink from the red LED and then the continuous blinking. From what I have been able to find this means startup failed and this happens with both controllers. I can find nothing online to tell me what startup failed means other then the obvious and better yet I can find nothing to tell me why it would say this or how to fix it. Can I please get so help since B-P-P is closed till Monday and so is support form Castle Creations.

Thanks< Tom
Old 03-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the esc must be connected to a battery pack and rx . Both the rx and the tx must be turned on.......
Old 03-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

You didn't mention if you followed the steps to callibrate the esc to the tx. If not, that is the first step and cannot be done with the link.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, I was starting to think it was something like that, thanks. I originally thought I needed to program the controller before I hooked it up because I am using a Li-Po pack and stock it is set for nimh but I guess for programming that wont matter.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, I went through the calibration and programming using my radio. You mentioned it needs to be connected to the RX (receiver I assume) however the castle link uses the same plug as the receiver so I don’t see how that could work. I was also under the impression that you do not use a battery when programming with the castle link on the mamba 25. Anyway I tried it with and without the power pack and I still cant get the castle link to work. Any other suggestions?
Old 03-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Well I got it working. I had to uninstall .net 2.0 and install .net 1.1. Look’s like I need to dust off and old laptop just to use the castle link since I can’t be running .net 1.1 on this PC. Anyway thanks to those of you who tried to help me out
Old 03-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

glad you got it working. when programing the mamba25 it is only connected via mamba link. Once you finish changing the program you unplug the link and plug the esc to the rx and connect the battery. Now you turn on the tx then the mamba. The mamba will start up and you can now calibrate the esc to the tx......(only need to do this once)
Old 03-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

actually I calibrate my mamba25 every time i plug it in...it only takes a few seconds once you get the hang of it and it kind of acts like feedback to tell me that it's receiving my signal properly
Old 04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by baseline
actually I calibrate my mamba25 every time i plug it in...it only takes a few seconds once you get the hang of it and it kind of acts like feedback to tell me that it's receiving my signal properly
Sounds like a major waste of time! Only need to callibrate it one time, besides if you recalibrate everytime, you have keep re-setting your endpoints.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

the whole process takes 10 seconds max if you are moving your trigger finger slowly

oh well, to each his own

i prefer to have this little recalibration and test before letting her rip, it helps me because i could forget to change my tx model memory #