Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
M18Pro - Wrong Size Countersinking = Broken Chassis >

M18Pro - Wrong Size Countersinking = Broken Chassis

M18Pro - Wrong Size Countersinking = Broken Chassis

Old 01-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default M18Pro - Wrong Size Countersinking = Broken Chassis

I don't quite understand why but the new M18Pro has very deep countersinking on the chassis and as a result I had one of the screws pull through the chassis. It is very easy to tell the screws are far too small for the size of the countersinking and now my new M18Pro chassis is ruined after a slight tap of the wall. I have been racing for 15+ years and I understand that parts will break but to have the chassis split and crack with a small impact is unacceptable. Has anyone else experienced this issue or also assembled this new car and be puzzled by the larger size of the countersinking on this car?

I have contacted both Xray and my local distributor to have something done about this as it is unacceptable.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

what did they say about it
Old 01-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No replies yet. I will send another reminder e-mail tomorrow as this is not acceptable. Pics of the car on Xray's website show a chassis with correctly sized countersunk holes. I have a feeling someone at Xray did an entire run of these chassis and it was too costly to ditch all those chassis to have them re done. I don't know how many people will complain but I'm 1st in line.

I want a chassis with proper size holes.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I understand your frustration, but again. They are at the Nuremberg Toy Fair this week.