Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
got rc18 mini questions >

got rc18 mini questions

got rc18 mini questions

Old 01-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default got rc18 mini questions

okay here goes believe it or not ive had this lil car in the bottom of my tool box since they first came out 3 or 4 years ago i let my dog chase it around and just forrgot about it now that i see that people actually race them i would like to put it back together i see everyone is runnig mambas and other brushless systems i really just want ti to be extremel fast what do i need and for it to be fast and reliable what do i need to change from stock i see they actuallly make aluminum upgrades will i need those what kind gears do you run to make them extremely fast please help reall interested. oh and will a spektrum mini reciever work for this or what will i have to use for a reciever with an m11
Old 01-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

to make this thing really fast put a mamba competition X package setup in it. Check out this project on BYT. This truck is a buddy of mine and this thing is hella fast and bullet proof. if you follow this project you will be set. if you can't view the thread lmk, I will copy and paste the thread and send it to you in an e-mail

http://www.beatyourtruck.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=27015
Old 01-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

ooh yeah I forgot if the radio equipment fits use it
Old 01-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Since you have one of the first ones....you will need to do some things to the drivetrain (AE has since fixed) You need to shim your diffs and glue the diff D ring to the outdrive. You need to install outdrive sleeves on the OD of the outdrives. You need to install a washer where the motormount screws are on the chassis. Total cost of the parts are about $10.
You will want to tighten up the steering as well. You can go to Tony Phalen's website www.competitionx.com and find the steering fixes.