Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Boat/plane/Heli ESC in a car? >

Boat/plane/Heli ESC in a car?

Boat/plane/Heli ESC in a car?

Old 01-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Boat/plane/Heli ESC in a car?

Do you think this would work? Say I got a 30 amp boat ESC, would it work with the Mamba motors? Heli and boat ESCs are a ton cheaper than the Mamba ESC.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Gday mate i thought that two , i used a plane brushless speedy knda works . But do your self a favour and buy the mamba or a Quasa pro car 22 or 33 .The plane speedys throtle style is no good for cars [big headache] .
Old 01-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you use either the plane or heli ESC's in cars they will not have a proportional brakes like with a car ESC.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

I tried to use a heli speedo and it would not work the engine runs constantly. I have been told that a boat speedo will work though. Heli and Plane esc's have different throtle setups they are consistantly running to avoid crashes. most people are willing to sell you a used mamba for about $50 you can even go on e-bay and find them for as low as $45. Good luck
Old 01-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow, thanks for the responses. I guess it would be better to get the Mamba ESC.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Do not get a mamba ESC. For any motor with some power like a 8k or 6k it is going to cogg. While some people don't have cogging issues it seems that most people do. Do yourself a favor and get a Quark. Believe me, I know from experience...
Old 01-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGTACO
Do not get a mamba ESC. For any motor with some power like a 8k or 6k it is going to cogg. While some people don't have cogging issues it seems that most people do. Do yourself a favor and get a Quark. Believe me, I know from experience...

If you have your settings on the Mamba 25esc set right, there shouldn't be any issues with cogging. I run a Dynamite C4 9200kv, Mamba 8000kv, 6800kv, 5400kv and an Align 450L brushless motor and never had an issue with cogging. I have ran all those motors in a Mini-T, Mini-LST, RC18T, Mini Inferno and Vendetta without a problem.

Make sure when you get the Mamba 25esc, you also get a Castle Creations data link so you can program the Mamba right from your computer.