Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Xray M18T - Foam Tires? >

Xray M18T - Foam Tires?

Xray M18T - Foam Tires?

Old 01-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)
Default Xray M18T - Foam Tires?

Can the tires from the the new M18 Pro Kit be used on the M18T or can the parts from the M18 Pro convert the truck? If so is this allowed for the 1/18th Nationals event?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's a no on the tires, as fas as converting it - I'll have to let someone else answer that one. You will have to make your own foam tires for the M18T. You need some stock wheels and shave the ribs off, then mount some 12th scale front donuts to them.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcscrewz
Can the tires from the the new M18 Pro Kit be used on the M18T or can the parts from the M18 Pro convert the truck? If so is this allowed for the 1/18th Nationals event?

Even if it were possible, the m18 pro tires outside diameter is only about the size of the rim of a 1/18th truck. And thats at the full size without any wear. Sedan 1/18th tires are smaller than you think.

As the thread I linked to mentioned and what dway is saying, you true off your retaining walls on your stock rims and mount 1/12th fronts. There is a advantage in this as you get more shore choices for fine tuning versus buying other vehicles rim types premounted ones which are only offered in one generic shore.

BTW: Got your screw kits. Hope to have them on my m18 series rides soon. What size mm hex allens drivers should I purchase to match?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Mini_Me
Even if it were possible, the m18 pro tires outside diameter is only about the size of the rim of a 1/18th truck. And thats at the full size without any wear. Sedan 1/18th tires are smaller than you think.

As the thread I linked to mentioned and what dway is saying, you true off your retaining walls on your stock rims and mount 1/12th fronts. There is a advantage in this as you get more shore choices for fine tuning versus buying other vehicles rim types premounted ones which are only offered in one generic shore.

BTW: Got your screw kits. Hope to have them on my m18 series rides soon. What size mm hex allens drivers should I purchase to match?
1.5mm and 2.0mm wrenches
Old 01-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Rookie

We used to run Mini-T rear foams all around on the RC18T

most guys slammed the chassis right down too, very competitive against other 1/18 scale cars
Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The hub system is unique on the xray. As it is, MiniT foams are only available in 1 or 2 different shores which is what I was mentioning limits the tuneability.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey RC Screws.... for the x ray m18t you will need to make your own foams.....using 1/12 scale front tire donuts....Right now there seems to be a shortage of foam donuts.....1/12 scale is in full swing right now....
Get the dual rate foams for the front and soft foams for the rear....