Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/18 scale ON-ROAD carpet nationals

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What about paragon limitations? Took me a few days to shake the paragon flu. Paragon in a closed up building = hurting brain
Old 04-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
What about paragon limitations? Took me a few days to shake the paragon flu. Paragon in a closed up building = hurting brain
What? Loosing a few brain cells nevr hurt eni1...... jast loc at me.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
wuss
Old 04-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ttppll
wuss
That's probably why the west coast guys cleaned up- the nerve endings in our fingers still works
Old 04-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lets all play nice... LOL

Ok, one thing.... I know of at least one car, possibly more, that will be released before the event that will fit in to one or more of the classes. SO, keep that in mind when I post the rules....
Old 04-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

..WWS 4wd.. for one. It is released, but just getting it this side of the ocean is still being formalized. Still, it should be one heck of a contender.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCMadness

Ok, one thing.... I know of at least one car, possibly more, that will be released before the event that will fit in to one or more of the classes. SO, keep that in mind when I post the rules....
Could it be you know who releasing a 1/18th scale touring car??
Old 04-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sedans are in need of something new...(I do love the M18 but...)
Old 04-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCMadness

Ok- if you can't share what company then maybe you can tell us what class. Any on road news is good news!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by R.Dalnogare
duneland,
I Personally feel that they should be seperate, now this is MY opinon. Sure the brushed cars the the ecc were faster, there is a reason for this. To begin with, A tigher lay out seems to work better with a brushed motor due to the smoother feel, where is a brushless in more like a on and off. And the layout at the ecc was definatly a tight layout. If you check the results from the East Coast Canadian Championships, the TQ in Brushless out qualified the TQ in brushed by a lap. I have pictures, you can tell the track was alot more open, not as tight. Now depending on how the layout is, a tight track seems to give an advantage to the brushed cars, and the more open tracks gives the advantage tot he brushless cars. So im not only siding with the brushed motors. And to me I feel a lipo-brushless car and a NI-MH brushed cars are two totaly different things, so they should run in different classes. But thats just my opinon, ether way its gonna be a fun race. See everyone in December!

ryan
I do agree with Ryan. At the East Coast Canadian Championships, the BL was faster then the brushed motor by 1 lap. also the best lap time of the BL was 9.8X and the best brushed lap time was 10.1X.

Also agree with other people that if BL and brushed are together, then less people will register.

I'm pretty sure that most of the people will run BL and Brushed so that's mean more entry.

anyway, this is my opinion and I know that at the 2 last ECC and at the last ECCC there where put in different classe and everything was ok.

however, I'm not saying that BL is faster then Brushed. I think, it's all depend on the brushed motor you run, the layout and the driving skill!!!!

Last edited by maximebeauvais; 04-23-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Max,
Thanks, good to see that someone understands what i mean. Nice job at canada your car was dialed! All of us had alot of fun up there, hope to see you guys at Drews race in september, and nationals in december.

ryan
Old 04-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by R.Dalnogare
Max,
Thanks, good to see that someone understands what i mean. Nice job at canada your car was dialed! All of us had alot of fun up there, hope to see you guys at Drews race in september, and nationals in december.

ryan
We are already planning it...I know for sure that Pierre (rugzilla) and me will be there.....a lot of people from Montreal will also be there. I guess that the ECC3 (if he call it like this) will be a big event!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Coming down for sure. Already scoped all locations. It'll be a blast. Cars are ready. We've got the boyz from Montreal (LaTrack) coming this weekend for a little competition at our track in Gatineau/Ottawa. They've got a small series this spring going to three different tracks.

Should be fun. I only want to beat Max though.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PierreV
I only want to beat Max though.

will see will see

Old 04-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Any news yet as to what motors will be considered "stock" yet? I was especially interested in hearing about motors specifically for Scalpels, BRP's and xray M18's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.