Like Tree7771Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EMU
How did you like the t-plate upgrade?
I can see what it did. On one hand it helped smooth car out in straight. But now had to change line through big turns. It’s really easy to traction roll. Guess that disk damper will be next.
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

So what sort of car hauler bags do people use for these cars along with the remotes? I've been trying to find something that isn't huge but big enough for two cars and two radios.

Any suggestions? the best one I've been able to find was the Jconcepts small hauler, but it is still a little larger than I would like.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:17 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
So what sort of car hauler bags do people use for these cars along with the remotes? I've been trying to find something that isn't huge but big enough for two cars and two radios.

Any suggestions? the best one I've been able to find was the Jconcepts small hauler, but it is still a little larger than I would like.
I am super cheap, so I use this.
Roller duffle Roller duffle
I don't like the narrow track width on the wheels... but it gets the job done. I picked it up for about $15 from amazon.
EbbTide and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Tech Prophet

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:52 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
You will need that and an adapter for RM. I I have been a little busy to design the adapter, should have it done soon...
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by EMU
You will need that and an adapter for RM. I I have been a little busy to design the adapter, should have it done soon...
This is why I find looking for parts difficult. It’s there one designed for RM. This was the only damper that didn’t list required a motor mount change.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Tech Prophet

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:43 PM
EMU
Tech Master

This is why I find looking for parts difficult. It’s there one designed for RM. This was the only damper that didn’t list required a motor mount change.
this adapter might do the trick, but it also might offset the damper post 4mm too far forward for 90mm. It's been years since I have used it.

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...4&cat=0&page=2
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:53 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That should work it looks like. I believe the triangle plate is the same that comes with the MZW216 that I am using and it allows you to go to 86MM if you want. I took a quick look for a MZW216 and they are getting hard to find and expensive. I think I paid $14 for mine shipped.

It is a PIA tracking this stuff down but between EMU's help and looking at hundreds of pictures online you get to figuring out what you need and then tracking it down in some small hobby store Asia is kind of fun ;-).

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:00 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Here is a picture of my SWB car currently running 86MM. That is an Atomic RM motor mount. It looks like the one you are looking at just has a different chassis plate but the rest is the same.

BTW,Kyosho support is pretty good. I had a couple questions on the MZW216 and they got back to me with good info in less than 24 hours

Cheers,
Jim

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by LJH
That should work it looks like. I believe the triangle plate is the same that comes with the MZW216 that I am using and it allows you to go to 86MM if you want. I took a quick look for a MZW216 and they are getting hard to find and expensive. I think I paid $14 for mine shipped.

It is a PIA tracking this stuff down but between EMU's help and looking at hundreds of pictures online you get to figuring out what you need and then tracking it down in some small hobby store Asia is kind of fun ;-).

Cheers,
Jim
Ok. I’ll probably order it today. It’s hard to find stuff for the RM. I’d like to keep the upgrades to minimum on this car. Only few races left. I know this isnt the cure all, I think I’m approaching the limits of box stock. I’ve with the 8t pinion, I’m stuck in the 9.8-10.2 range. Rest of class is in the 9.0-9.3

I’ve got a PN motor that could try again with. But really don’t want to, just was so bad last time
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:29 AM
Tech Prophet

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:35 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Ok. I’ll probably order it today. It’s hard to find stuff for the RM. I’d like to keep the upgrades to minimum on this car. Only few races left. I know this isnt the cure all, I think I’m approaching the limits of box stock. I’ve with the 8t pinion, I’m stuck in the 9.8-10.2 range. Rest of class is in the 9.0-9.3

I’ve got a PN motor that could try again with. But really don’t want to, just was so bad last time

There is not a lot of stuff out there for RM at all. All the stuff I have bought for my RM car has been NOS but it has been fun tracking it down. I also found the RM to be super fun to drive and pretty darn quick, holding my lap record for a few weeks but I could see on a big track that there may be issues with maximum attack on the corners with a RM.

Give the PN70 another try, I have one that I have run 1000's of laps and it actually freed up and lost a lot of the drag brake effect.I have been good about cleaning it and using the Bachmann's motor lube, it feels much more like a regular Mini-Z motor now.

Cheers,
Jim
Billy Kelly and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by LJH
There is not a lot of stuff out there for RM at all. All the stuff I have bought for my RM car has been NOS but it has been fun tracking it down. I also found the RM to be super fun to drive and pretty darn quick, holding my lap record for a few weeks but I could see on a big track that there may be issues with maximum attack on the corners with a RM.

Give the PN70 another try, I have one that I have run 1000's of laps and it actually freed up and lost a lot of the drag brake effect.I have been good about cleaning it and using the Bachmann's motor lube, it feels much more like a regular Mini-Z motor now.

Cheers,
Jim
I went ahead and ordered. Probably Wednesday get here. Kenon has been great with shipping. Hopefully it works. I’m not all that interested in searching out parts from multiple places.

Maybe at our next Friday night practice I’ll try the PN motor. I had easy a few thousand laps on the last motor. And it never felt any different. I’ve watched another struggle with it in his. Doesn’t seem to want to believe it. But it’s clearly locking up the rears every time he lets off the throttle
LJH and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone tested the P1 GTR body for modified ?
​​​​​​It foes look kind of fast, and I've been running the r8 for the last 4-5 years. Feel it is time to try something new...
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.